News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Simutrans Hebrew Translations.

Started by idan44, March 04, 2010, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idan44

Hello,

As you all might know I live in Israel. and there are 2 official languages in Israel - Hebrew and Arabic. My home language is Hebrew and I wish to translate Simutrans to Hebrew.
And I have a few questions :
1) Hebrew like all of the Simetic languages ( Expect Maltaziane. ) Is being written from the right to the left. Is it posible in Simutrans?
2) I got a little bit confused on who to ask for account for translations. Who and how I do that?

Idan.
When playing Simutrans, building a train or roads we must remember that Gilad can't do it for 4 years...

vilvoh

About the second point, use the contact form to request an account at Simutranslator.

Btw, Does Simutrans have support for Hebrew? it's not available at Simutranslator languages list..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

I think there is no support for RTL scripts :(

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

idan44

So there is not a chance to translate it to Hebrew? If it is because the side so I can write the sentence as the opposite...
When playing Simutrans, building a train or roads we must remember that Gilad can't do it for 4 years...

Fabio

Quote from: idan44 on March 05, 2010, 12:04:10 PM
So there is not a chance to translate it to Hebrew? If it is because the side so I can write the sentence as the opposite...
This could be a good idea, with a wise use of \n (new line)
I think you should find also a UTF font.

idan44

Well, I think adn almost 100% sure that there is that font. I just can't find it!

But if it can help I'll be more than happy to help translate the website also. :)
I really wish to see Simutrans in Hebrew.

prissi

Right to left support might be possible. It would require mirroring all dialoges, which is less of an effort with the new system than before.

But first, for simutrans we need an UTF hebrew bdf-font. Without this, one cannot display anything.

idan44

Ammmm maybe I did not got that correct, how can I get you that font? Is it like any font? how?
Something like those :
he.wikipedia.org
ynet.co.il

????

prissi

BDF is a font format for older X-windows. In principle I have some font with hebrew, but extremely ugly.

idan44

Can you picture some photos of the letter? Maybe it is not ugly? You know Hebrew?

prissi

I know only how the should look like, since the Atari ST had Hebrew letter. The letter of the font I have are scaled pixel material, which obviously looks ugly in a black and white font.

idan44

Can you please write somethin adn picture it? Maybe it can still be good. Even for now. Maybe for first translation.

idan44

I guess that it can be fine to use this font for now, no?

prissi

No, since this font is too high for simutrans. But since you are insiting, try it out. It replaces the cyr.bdf font. Thus use the korean translation file (ko.tab) in simutrans/text. Rename it to he.tab for a start and change any korean entry in it to hebrew and see what happens.

idan44

I am not sure, but maybe that one is fine :
http://shamash.org/computers/hebrew-fonts/

I also find a list of font sin hebrew, some of them are bdf formats :
http://cg.scs.carleton.ca/~luc/hebrew.html