News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Poll: addons downloading sources

Started by vilvoh, March 15, 2010, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Some time ago, the official repository (addons.simutrans.com) was reboot and the a.s.c team is trying to improve it day by day, but we would like to know if you actually use it or you download all new stuff directly from the forum. Your opinion is very important, thus thanks for voting.  ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Combuijs

Did not vote.

When I download things I go to the add-ons site for old stuff, to the forum for new stuff and things in development, to sourceforge for sources and to external sites if they contain hitherto unknown things.

So no one answer possible.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Lmallet

Quote from: Combuijs on March 15, 2010, 08:57:16 PM
When I download things I go to the add-ons site for old stuff, to the forum for new stuff and things in development, to sourceforge for sources and to external sites if they contain hitherto unknown things.
Isn't that option 1: "I download everything is released anywhere."  :)

Combuijs

QuoteIsn't that option 1: "I download everything is released anywhere

No, because I don't download everything. Not even 50% I think. Still, probably the best answer...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

rsdworker

i do downliad anywhere depends on which site if they have good things

itec

to be honest i have not downloaded anything from the international addon site, only the Japanese version.

Václav

I voted I download everything is released anywhere but then I usually use only those they seem to me be nice and if there is not any problem*. Other ones I often let be in my archive and try them later.

* I often use rule Everything what is not forbidden is legal but also I hate too ?violent cheating.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

I download where I find somethin really interesting but it's rare.
The big problem of external websites is that most of them aren't written in English so I can't download from them except for the Japanese site which gives illustrations sometimes, but Japanese addons aren't very nice.

I download addons from the the forum which are interesting.

I find ASC neither complete nor very easy to use.

VS

I don't download much, but if I do, I usually try to find it through forum announcements.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Quote from: gauthier on May 02, 2010, 07:28:54 PM
I find ASC neither complete nor very easy to use.

Well, the forum is more flexible, you can post things that are out of scale, not balanced, etc.. but ASC is a little bit more restricted. That's why it has less content than the forum.

On the other hand, could you please give more details about why ASC isn't easy to use? is it related with the interface or with the information contained?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

I think it's related with the informations, some addons have no screenshots ...

I prefet the way of sharing addon by external websites but this websites must be avaible at least in English. Since these sites are from the author (or from multiple authors, like SNFOS'site) they give all the needed informations.

MeHazTrainz

wipi35

I never download addons but patiently wait until they are in the main PAKset. So voting not possible.
However I realize that there are beautiful items I miss!

Gouv

Well my Case isnt covered by the Poll-Choices: I know very well how to install them, but cant remember downloading any.
Anyway, thanks for the Poll, - didnt know about the official Addon-Site until now.

skreyola

I voted "only ASC", but I also download stuff from the forum.
I didn't vote for "anywhere" because I don't normally download anything for ST from anywhere else than these two.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

geri

Colin

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

nitromefan

With this i haven't casted a vote because i download stuff from the forum and from external site like Japanese.