News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Freight planes pak... fly me to the goods

Started by vilvoh, September 20, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

colonyan

vilvoh

Quote from: VS on January 05, 2009, 07:37:51 PM
Where is the snow? 8)
Mmm...well, first I've to finish the summer versions... ::)....but I don't want to make it more complex so for winter versions, I think I'll just add snow in roofs and ground floors.

Btw, as I said, I'll try to model the Cathay Pacific air cargo terminal at Hong Kong International Airport. Here you have an image of it.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

A preview of the big terminal mentioned above.

EDIT: While I was using Tilecutter to chop the png file, I've realized that its dimensions are not 4x4, but 8x8!! Anyway it fits on the oficial scale, so it doesn't matter. See it in action.

Silver

wow-vilvoh, this is just beautiful
Excellent project  :P :o

ariarinen

Quote from: vilvoh on November 18, 2008, 08:03:24 PM
I prefer to continue with Boeing 747-400. It's more or less as big as Antonov AN-225. I'll make 9 versions with different color schemes (Qantas, CargoLux, JAL, KLM, AirFrance, CathayPacific, China Airlines, Asiana, Singapore Airlines and British Airways)

I'm still searching a blueprint of 747-400 LFC a.k.a Dreamlifter to include it too.
The AN-225 is much larger its over 10 meters longer and its wingspan is over 28 meters larger. The An-124 is closer to the 747. 

But nice planes 

vilvoh

Yes, I know. The problem is that I can't make them bigger because I would need to use offsets, that are not implemented in 0.99.17. Any way the AN-225 is the biggest airplane possible without using offsets.

vilvoh

Some ingame screenshots of GBi Air Cargo Terminal. I'll post the pak file tomorrow.

vilvoh

GBi Air Cargo Terminal ready to download. It's a level 3 extension building that means it will increase stop's capacity in 384 units. As always the sources are available at graphics.simutrans.com.

One important thing. I've used the latest makeobj (atm, v49) to pak the object and I wasn't able to use it in v100, so I strongly recommend you to update your simutrans copy to v101 in case you want to play with it. Anyway if anybody is able to use it in simutrans v100, please notify it.

P.S: I'm pretty sure it's not object's fault, but it's due to my copy of v100 is somehow broken...who knows.. :-\

vilvoh

Thanks very much. I'm glad you like it. Next one will be probably PSA..

vilvoh

PSA freigth terminal finished, 2x2, level 3 with four rotations, winter versions and special night colors for windows and lights.

P.S: sources at graphics.simutrans.com

vilvoh

Ramstein Air Cargo terminal finished. Level 3, 2x2, four rotations and winter version, with special night colors.

In addition, this screenshot shows how it looks when you combine some of the buildings..

VS

I really, really, like it. Again... It seems you have routinely well crossed my "nice" threshold and now I can not do much but cheer every time something new appears :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

....I'm glad. Now it's time to start with level 4 and size 3x3 buildings..

vilvoh

Preview of AAT Cargo Terminal..I've to make the winter versions yet (link to images)

emaxectranspoorte

Delighted at first glance! :)

vilvoh

AAT Cargo Terminal finished..some screenshots:

Four rotations, special night colors and winter versions.

Some in-game screenshots..

Moppi

Simply gorgeous Vilvoh. I'm wondering is there any sort of page wherein your creations are neatly organized? Like a page or something?

vilvoh

Thanks a lot. Mmm...I actually don't have a personal page. I've thought about it many times, but I'm quite lazy for that, and the blog it's not a proper place to host those stuff. So that's why almost all addons I've done are spread along the forum...even though, I usually try to make theme paks (trucks, planes, ships, extension buildings, engines, tourist attractions, etc...) so in that sense, we may say there's some order. I'm going to see if I can gather all in a megapak.

vilvoh

I'm still working on HKE Cargo Facility.. I had some problems because I didn't find a good texture for the building, and even now I'm not completly satified with it but the pixel-art arrangements improve the quality of the whole.

vilvoh

Final version of HKE Cargo Facility. 3x3, level 4 with winter version, special night colors and 4 rotations. I post some images. Enjoy with it!

P.S: Only missing the HKAA Mega-Terminal, and I'll come back to planes.

Moppi

Oh my Goodness, this is just stunning. Makes me motivated to build more Airport chains.

BTW Vilvoh, i'm sorry for the n00bieness of this question but can you set the rotation of this (and the other one you made) or is it random?  :-[ I've always wondered.

vilvoh

At this moment, it's not random. It depends on the stop and the side of the stop where you place the cursor when you're going to build the extension building. However, I think somebody is working on a patch that allows you to select which rotation do you want to use when you're building an extension building. Have a look at Development board for more info.

Dwachs

This already included in the nightly versions, look here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1240.0

I really like your buildings vilvoh :)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

vilvoh

fuzion_051

Regarding the 747-400s, I'd just ask how to make the editing in the .dat files of the vehicles be effected in the game (I've edited some .dat files and copied it into the pak folder but the planes in the game still have the original attributes)?

thanks

vilvoh

In addition to modify the dat file, you need to recompile the pak file. The pak folder just contains pak files, files with pak extension that contains the images (png file) and the attributes (dat file) of the object.

To sum up, do the following:

• get the dat file and modify it as you want.
  • get the png file related with that object.
  • use makeobj to recompile the object with with the new attributes, and obtain a new pak file
  • Finally, put it in the pak folder and check if all is right.

More info at Wiki[/url]

vilvoh

After a loong break, I'm back to this topic. I'm trying to finish the last freight terminal (HKAA Large Cargo Terminal). It's really huge and needs some extra details. Meanwhile, I've started another terminal that will deal with passengers and freights. It's based on 1930 old Gatwick airport terminal.

vilvoh

See the 1930 Gatwick Terminal in action...link to image

vilvoh

1930 Gatwick terminal finished...no special night colors this time..

EDIT: I've uploaded the zip again as it was corrupted.

derajjared

vilvoh

Two more terminals I'm working on, TBT Air cargo Terminal...

... and Pavillion Air Cargo Terminal

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)