News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Freight planes pak... fly me to the goods

Started by vilvoh, September 20, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Awwwww. where were you when they made simcity, hm?

I'm glad to have you around improving Simu instead ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Well, I was born only 5 years before the first Simcity was released so I think I was too young to take part in the development, although I made very good drawings (at least that was what mother said) ... :D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Another one that will be finished soon.. Hemisphere Air Cargo Terminal

vilvoh

I may consider it. Perhaps any from the Guppy family. After all, if there's a plane that can carry petrol/gas, why not other that can transport cars? but you'll have to wait until I finish the buildings.. :)

vilvoh

I know, because you're not the first person that makes such a request. I bet it will be as expected as the plane that can carry gas/oil (VTM Atlant)

Silver

how said the chavo of 8: it, it, it, (eso, eso, eso.) ;D ;D :D ;)

vilvoh

As Silver and some other requested, here you have two new planes that will be used for transporting cars: Lockheed C-5 Galaxy (left) and AeroSpace Super Guppy 201 (right)

P.S: They're not on the right scale..it's just a preview

Silver

o.k. I like the AeroSpace Super Guppy 201, the difference is to identify positive the aircraft

vilvoh

TBT Air Cargo Terminal finished..

EDIT: Hemisphere Terminal finished too. Pavillion Air Cargo Terminal will be ready tomorrow.
EDIT: Pavillion Air Cargo terminal finished. See image.

vilvoh

The file was too large to attach it in the latest post, so I was forced to double-post. Pavillion Air cargo terminal ready for downloading... ;D

EDIT: C5 and a couple of Guppy's finished. There're two versions of Guppy, one for transporting cars and the other piece goods. The C5 only transports cars.

colonyan

Wow, vilvoh, those pic looks awsome!(north america here)
I never had chance to play air liners since I'm playing smaller map....
One day I want make full use in my game...

vilvoh

Quote from: Silver on May 11, 2009, 11:52:25 PM
:o vilvoh thank you very much, I serve a lot of

You can't complain Silver, because the planes capacity is really high (75-110 cars)...happy transporting ;D

Btw, watching the previous image, I've realized that we need a higher control tower, because it seems quite small in relation to the rest of big buildings, so I'll make some higher control towers for cargo terminals.

vilvoh

I haven't made any helicopter yet, so here you have a preview of Boeing Vertol CH-47 Chinook. If I have time enough I may create a small set with different color schemes (models 234LR, 234E, MLR and 234UT)1

vilvoh

Isaac Eiland-Hall

And now we need an extension request to allow for special VTOL aircraft type that can land directly on air stop tiles :D

prissi

Simple, you just need to trick and built a landing strip on a stop tile.

TPIBAW

Don't you mean a stop tile on a landing strip?

And, do you mean my trick from the old forum?

vilvoh

The Boeing Chinook CH-47 set is finished. I must warn that the running cost is very tight, so be careful or it will loose money (not a lot, but hey! every credit is just as important!)

Colin

Quote from: vilvoh on July 01, 2009, 05:56:55 PM
The Boeing Chinook CH-47 set is finished. I must warn that the running cost is very tight, so be careful or it will loose money (not a lot, but hey! every credit is just as important!)

Download link:http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/vehicle.BoeingChinookSet.pak.zip

Thanks Vivoh, I've been waiting a long time for someone to do this. The one plane that we had was not able to carry anything other than a few crates. GOOD WORK!
Colin
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

Thanks, I'm glad you like it..I'll try to start working one some of the helicopters that are still on the list, to finish that part definetly, so the next ones will be Sikorsky-CH-54 skycrane and Mil Mi-6 hook, as always with several color schemes (if possible, of course)

ariarinen

Quote from: vilvoh on July 03, 2009, 09:45:56 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it..I'll try to start working one some of the helicopters that are still on the list, to finish that part definetly, so the next ones will be Sikorsky-CH-54 skycrane and Mil Mi-6 hook, as always with several color schemes (if possible, of course)
Ain't Mil Mi-26 better to make, it can lift 8 tons more (Mi-6) and its about 20 years newer and the worlds largest helicopter (Mil Mi-12 is larger but just a demo). 

vilvoh

Well, I usually try to make sets of objects, if there's enough info about them, so we may say that it's a Mil Mi set that would include several versions of the same model. Imho, It's the best solution to keep everybody happy, isn't it? .. ;D

Maragil

A massive freight plane: Hughes H-4 Hercules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_H-4_Hercules

Or this:
Airbus A300-600ST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Transporter

They're both contenders for the largest aircraft in the world I think :D

H./

vilvoh

The A300-600ST is already on the list (some from the Beluga familiy too), and I must confess I thought to include the Hughes H-4 Hercules but I was not able to find a good blueprint, and after all it's just a prototype.

vilvoh

A preview of the last two helicopters from the list: Mil MI-6 and Sikorsky CH-54. The full version of the CH-54 will carry a container or similar depending on the kind of goods it can deal with (cars, wood, oil, etc..)

vilvoh

Sikorsky CH-54 Skycrane ready to fly... :)

Colin

Quote from: vilvoh on September 07, 2009, 08:43:00 PM
Sikorsky CH-54 Skycrane ready to fly... :)
Many Thanks vilvoh, I've down loded it and will try it shortly.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

You're welcome...I'm still finishing the Mi-6 series. I must say that the CH-54 is pretty well balanced, however the problem is that it has 7110 KW of power, and that's a lot to move just 24 units of piece goods. It's not the fastest  but it accelerates extremely fast... ;D

EDIT: Thanks for the screenshot, Edson.

edson

Colin

Quote from: vilvoh on September 07, 2009, 09:00:00 PM
You're welcome...I'm still finishing the Mi-6 series. I must say that the CH-54 is pretty well balanced, however the problem is that it has 7110 KW of power, and that's a lot to move just 24 units of piece goods. It's not the faster  but it accelerates extremely fast... ;D

EDIT: Thanks for the screenshot, Edson.

I've tried it and I like it. I have two questions. (These are not criticisms) 1. Is it possible to make it slightly larger? it looks a bit like a Dragonfly buzzing around. 2. Would it be difficult to make it behave like a Helicopter? as in vertical take off and landing. Please remember I'm clueless when it comes to programming, so I'm asking out of sheer ignorance.

Thought for the day