News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Mysterious steel mill bug with pak128.Britain/Experimental

Started by neroden, March 20, 2010, 08:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

This may be a pak bug or an Experimental bug.

Current simutrans-experimental (simutrans-exp-2010-01-28-6c9a8b9),
pak128Britain_1-0-7_0-102, based off simutrans 102.2.2.

In 1804 the Steel Mill shows up.  It's happy to eat my coal and iron, but it produces no steel at all, ever.  :-(  This is rather unfortunate.

The savegame is here:
http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/Ur-p3-A5_B/ex-1804-no-steel.sve

Brambo

I had this bug in Experimental 7.3 with pak128.britain 1.07 standard, also with a (newly spawned) steel mill. I played with timeline off and I have a savegame if needed.

jamespetts

Thank you for the reports, and apologies to Nathaneal for having missed this earlier. Can you both re-test with Simutrans-Experimental 8.0?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Brambo

Well, upgrading to 8.0 did not fix the save game, the mill is still a black hole.
Of course, my savegame could now be bugged and the bug gone, but since I do not know how to reproduce the bug, I guess it's just waiting to see whether it will pop up during playing.

jamespetts

Brambo,

can you post the saved game? I may not have time to look at it until I get back from holiday next week, but I'd be grateful to see the saved game so that I can try to diagnose the problem. Thank you for the report :-)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Brambo

Here is the savegame (37mb). The steel mill near Llandudno never receives the delivered goods.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JO6DSYK7

jamespetts

Brambo,

thank you for the upload - that is helpful. I can reproduce the problem in your saved game, but not with a new game. This is especially mysterious, however, since the code for industries consuming goods has not been touched at all in the changes between Standard and Experimental, so it's very odd indeed. I'm having trouble tracking this one down, I'm afraid...

Brambo

Hi,

Just came across the same(?) bug: a Bakery, which had existed from the beginning and processed goods without problems, suddenly became a black hole for flour. I'm still playing exp 7.3 (8 is just not playable right now) with pak128.Britain 1.07 standard.

I have an older save where it is still working (game year 1963). Here is the save from 3 years later, where it isn't (the bakery is in Ipswich):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0RTQMSP

jamespetts

Brambo,

thank you for the report. This is a very curious problem. I'll have a look at your saved game when I have time, but, in the meantime, have you tried Experimental 8.1, released earlier to-day? It fixes many of the issues in Simutrans-Experimental 8.0.

jamespetts

At last, I have tracked down and fixed this error. Fix about to be pushed to the 8.x branch on Github, and should be included with the next release. Thank you for the reports!

Brambo

That's great news, James! Thanks!

EDIT: it truly appears to have worked! thanks!