News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Where are my wages, say the people of Renden!

Started by rdepass, March 29, 2010, 09:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdepass

Why do we slave away for nothing, say the people in Oakchester, and Renden.

I think this idea may end up in the denied for being too complicated pile, however, it is interesting and shows players that the main benefit, apart from getting rich of having a transport company is to make the lives better of those who work for you.

Unfortunately, I have no idea of the maths or equations or programming involved in getting this idea off the ground.

One other thing is that I like the March 2010 version very much, you have all put such a lot in and it is an extremely good effort. March Nightly was very good also and you have stopped the game complaing in german 'The bridge is nicht frei' which I thought was cute!

How far the game has come since it appeared in SuSE 8! The power lines wouldn't connect to anything and crashed the game if you tried too hard!

Congratulations and I hope that you will continue working on this great game.

Please contact me via this forum to explain how I may be able to help

Richard De Pass
You can check me out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Technochi
Looking out to the distant horizon, there is always a brighter day to come...

VS

That's rather cryptic... I can understand only the part where you praise progress :) Since this is in "extension requests" - was there any actual request?

(Not to sound rude, but we've already seen a lot of sophisticated spambots that construct really clever texts to look human - and this raises some red flags)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

rdepass

Hello, I am a real person, but I live in Renden! Not really, my request is, 'Is it possible or desirable for my transport company to pay it's workers wages?' If so, how would it be worked out. I notice you have included some links and I may download some of them to design a truck.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Richard
You can check me out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Technochi
Looking out to the distant horizon, there is always a brighter day to come...

Fabio

I think wages are included in running costs -- as it should be!
After that, this could be specified, but it would be only eye-candy.

vilvoh

I can't find Renden, is it from Earth?  :D

Now serious, I think this is not a bad idea but I guess that workers wages are already included in vehicle maintenance costs, as fabio said (I was faster than me posting)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Ah, ok. It's always nice to be wrong in these cases :)

As to maintenance - the choice in these cases was to make the game easy - rather than elaborate on the money that you have to give away and lots of numbers, there are two simple rules. But that does not prevent you from thinking wages are part of that?

The links (you mean these green ones, right?) are just a part of signature that gets added automatically.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

colonyan

Actually, I feel same as rdepass.

Unless you care not, if you observe and manage your company carefully, it is rare that you keep caring about money at certain point.

So interest shift toward management to servicing public (growth).

There are two kind of managements
1. One to balance your budget. Financial management. (this loses weight in later game stage)
2. One to coordinated routes and number of vehicles. (this is largely influenced by
industry cargo destination pattern and passenger/mail destination choice and weight depending on spawning location)

2. is needed in order to keep cities grow always.
But this elements get weaker eventually since all city behave as same and
same pattern of industry spawn again and again. (same distance between
raw producer and middle/finale factories, almost always fixed resource
production/consumption)

The fact is that any game, it becomes sandbox after certain point
and some may lose appetite in replaying(keep playing same map,
especially once all destinations are covered).

Also, monotonic city growth behavior(all cities are clone, almost) also contributes to the reason where
at least me lose certain degree of appetite at certain point in any game.

I also observe player's company can build cities and have control over
stopping and allowing of each city's growth and even destroy and build
road wherever one wants, it is half public half private company.

I threw some discussion about this quite a few time in past but none
of them got any attention, maybe poor of my ideas but...