The International Simutrans Forum

 

Author Topic: Engine type problems  (Read 3900 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aquel

  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Jai Ho!
Engine type problems
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:06:49 AM »
Namastéji to all!

I'm making some french road vehicules (link below) but when I'm making the *.dat file no matter what I do I always get "engine type" as (steam). ???

What kind of problem can it be?
I tried for some times to solve it but nothing is working. :o
I still got the same engine type using steam!

Any solution? ;D

Attached are the *.dat of a vehicle and the screenshot showing the engine type.

Thanks.




Offline Zeno

  • ENASSA Designer
  • Devotee
  • *
  • Posts: 1997
    • Zeno's Simutrans Creations
  • Languages: ES, EN, CAT
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
Which version of MakeObj are you using? Did you try the latest?

Offline Aquel

  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Jai Ho!
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »
I'm using this version: MakeObj 0.1.7
Downloaded it on 17/02/2010

Offline jonasbb

  • Web Team
  • *
  • Posts: 167
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
makeobj 0.1.7??
I do not know where you downloaded this.

Take one of these:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/makeobj/50%20fo%20102-2%20up/

Offline Aquel

  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Jai Ho!
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »
makeobj 0.1.7??
I do not know where you downloaded this.

Take one of these:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/makeobj/50%20fo%20102-2%20up/

Got it it's working thanks for help!!

Offline Zeno

  • ENASSA Designer
  • Devotee
  • *
  • Posts: 1997
    • Zeno's Simutrans Creations
  • Languages: ES, EN, CAT
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »
Got it it's working thanks for help!!
And what did you change? Tried another makeobj version or changed something in the DAT?

Offline Aquel

  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Jai Ho!
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
And what did you change? Tried another makeobj version or changed something in the DAT?

I change the engine type to "diesel" and it worked!
Previously I changed the engine type in the *.dat file, someone told me that he had to change its engine type to "hydrogen" in the *.dat to get "diesel" type engine in simutrans!

Offline Frank

  • Inactive/Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 1431
  • Languages: DE
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
... someone told me that he had to change its engine type to "hydrogen" in the *.dat to get "diesel" type engine in simutrans!


hydrogen -> hydrogene

Tikiwiki vehicle def

Offline Aquel

  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Jai Ho!
Re: Engine type problems
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
hydrogen -> hydrogene

Tikiwiki vehicle def

Thanks for the feedback my problem is solved.
Just to tell link is very nice for explaination about the *.dat and *.png files.

Still one problem the last 4 point "5" to "8" are in german while the rest is in English.
Would be nice to translate them.

Thanks again.