News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Station building/bulldozing prices and tooltips all wrong....

Started by neroden, April 05, 2010, 12:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

(REWRITTEN)

Building "Wooden Platform" or "Goods Siding" costs *150*.  Building "Basic Bus Stop" or "Loading Bay with Post Box" costs *100*.  Unfortunately the tooltips for both say 125.

It appears that the tooltips are simply wrong -- the code needs to be updated so they get the right information.

Further, the deletion of any of those four costs 1000.  
I'm guessing it's not computed properly, as this is clearly inappropriate.

(At least the track and vehicle costs seem to be working right.)

This is with 7.2 plus patches, so apologies if this was fixed in a *very recent* patch.

jamespetts

Neroden,

thank you very much for the reports. The first issue was caused by omitting a "break;" in a switch/case statement in the GUI code for the tooltip. The latter was caused by not scaling the "cst_multiply_remove_haus", which is used for removing stations. I have corrected those errors now, which will be fixed in 7.3. Note, however, that, even with the fix applied, the cost of removing a station might be greater than building it owing to the way in which the removal cost is calculated (the removal cost is not dependant on the type of station). This is the same in Simutrans-Standard.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

neroden

Quote from: jamespetts on April 06, 2010, 02:23:54 PM
Neroden,

thank you very much for the reports. The first issue was caused by omitting a "break;" in a switch/case statement in the GUI code for the tooltip. The latter was caused by not scaling the "cst_multiply_remove_haus", which is used for removing stations. I have corrected those errors now, which will be fixed in 7.3. Note, however, that, even with the fix applied, the cost of removing a station might be greater than building it owing to the way in which the removal cost is calculated (the removal cost is not dependant on the type of station). This is the same in Simutrans-Standard.

Excellent!

In the long run I think it should be possible to specify removal costs independently of construction costs in the pak (as in, removing wood == easy, removing concrete == hard, removing pillarbox == easy, removing building == hard).  That would be one of those changes which wouldn't have any effect until the pak writer decided to do something with it.