News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

New vehicle graphics

Started by jamespetts, April 05, 2010, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Having spent some time away from home (and thus, away from access to the Simutrans-Experimental) code over Easter, I was able to finish some of the vehicle graphics that I started over Christmas. Here are a few:

• Bulleid 1-Co-Co-1
  • BR Mk. III TRB*
  • BR Mk. III TRFB
  • BR Mk. I Restaurant Buffet (Crimson and cream)*
  • BR Mk. I Restaurant Buffet (Maroon)*
  • BR Mk. I Restaurant Buffet Refurbished (Blue and grey)*
  • BR Mk. I Restaurant Miniature Buffet  (Blue and grey)
  • BR Standard 4MT Tank*
  • GWR Castle class
  • Leyland National LN-Short
  • BR Mk. I Suburban non-corridor (standard and brake)
  • Manchester South Junction & Altringham EMU (three vehicles)
  • Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway EMU (two vehicles)
  • BR Class 506 (three vehicles)

* Denotes a vehicle that is already in the pakset for which this is simply an upgrade to its existing graphics.

There are already buffet vehicles in Pak128.Britain, but these are more accurately detailed, and differentiated between different kinds of buffet. In particular, the Mark I buffets were all labelled as "RBR" ("Restaurant Buffet Refurbished"), when, in fact, the graphic depicted the Restaurant Miniature Buffet (albeit without the red stripe that the vehicles carried in service - corrected in the attached graphic). The actual RBR vehicles were refurbished from the RB vehicles, which are depicted in the crimson and cream and maroon liveries. The RBR is shown in the blue and grey livery in which it appeared.

The BR 4MT Tank is almost identical to the version already in the pakset, except the British Railways logo is a little more colourful. I have part completed graphics for a BR 2MT Tank, which I shall complete when I get a chance, too (they should go well with the suburban Mk Is).

Do let me know of any feedback!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Attached.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Attached.

Frank

@jamespetts

zippet the files and attached one zip in one post

for the preview, they create a graphic with a view to one graphics of each object

jamespetts

Further graphics for the following vehicles:

• BR 2MT Tank
  • BR Class 304 EMU
  • BR Class 57

can be found in a .zip file here.

jamespetts

Attached is the tender version of the BR 4MT.

The Hood

Good to have some more stuff :) 

Are there any dats?

jamespetts

Not yet...

(Except for the Mk. I and Mk. III buffet vehicles, where the .dats were already present in the -Experimental branch and have been modified to make use of the new graphics)

The Hood

OK, if you could upload them once they are done that would be great.

jamespetts

Attached are the .dat files for some of these graphics. Included are:

* the Manchester, South Junction and Altringham EMU;
* the Lancashire & Yorkshire EMU;
* the Bulleid 1-Co-Co-1 diesel;
* the BR Class 506;
* the GWR Castle class; and
* the BR Mk I suburban vehicles.

Here are the appropriate translation texts for en.tab:

MSJ&A-EMU-driving-trailer
MSJ&A stock driving trailer
MSJ&A-EMU-centre-trailer
MSJ&A stock centre trailer
MSJ&A-EMU-driving-motor
MSJ&A stock driving motor
L&YR-EMU-driving-motor
L&YR EMU driving motor
L&YR-EMU-driving-trailer
L&YR EMU driving trailer
SR-1-Co-Co-1(Black)
Bulleid 1-Co-Co-1
GWR-Castle
GWR 4073 "Castle" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Castle-Tender
GWR 4073 "Castle" Tender
BR-506Front(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (front)
BR-506Centre(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (centre)
BR-506Rear(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (rear)
BR-Mk1-Sub(Maroon)
BR Mk. 1 Suburban compartment
BR-Mk1-Sub-Brake(Maroon)
BR Mk. 1 Suburban compartment brake

I hope that this is helpful! Will upload more .dats when I get a chance to do them.

The Hood

Good stuff.  I will upload standard-balanced dats and pngs for these ones when I get chance (probably the weekend)

jamespetts

Here are the remaining .dat files, along with some adjustments to the ones from yesterday. Here are the additional translation texts:

MSJ&A-EMU-driving-trailer
MSJ&A stock driving trailer
MSJ&A-EMU-centre-trailer
MSJ&A stock centre trailer
MSJ&A-EMU-driving-motor
MSJ&A stock driving motor
L&YR-EMU-driving-motor
L&YR EMU driving motor
L&YR-EMU-driving-trailer
L&YR EMU driving trailer
SR-1-Co-Co-1(Black)
Bulleid 1-Co-Co-1
GWR-Castle
GWR 4073 "Castle" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Castle-Tender
GWR 4073 "Castle" Tender
BR-506Front(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (front)
BR-506Centre(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (centre)
BR-506Rear(BR-Blue)
BR Class 506 EMU (rear)
BR-304Front(BR-Blue)
BR Class 304 EMU (driving trailer)
BR-304Centre-Trailer(BR-Blue)
BR Class 304 EMU (centre trailer)
BR-304Centre-Motor(BR-Blue)
BR Class 304 EMU (centre motor)
BR-304Rear(BR-Blue)
BR Class 304 EMU (driving trailer)
BR-2MT-Tank(Black)
BR Standard Class 2MT 2-6-2T
BR-Class57(FGW)
BR Class 57
BR-4MT(Black)
BR Standard Class 4MT 2-6-0
BR-4MT-Tender(Black)
BR Standard Class 4MT tender
BR-Mk1-Sub(Maroon)
BR Mk. 1 Suburban compartment
BR-Mk1-Sub-Brake(Maroon)
BR Mk. 1 Suburban compartment brake

(And for the 'bus)

Leyland_National_11(LC)
Leyland National (long)
Leyland_National_LNS
Leyland National (short)

Hope that this helps!

jamespetts

Another new vehicle: the GWR Saint class. Attached are .dat and .png files. Here are the translation texts:

GWR-Saint
GWR 2900 "Saint" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Saint-Tender
GWR 2900 "Saint" Tender

jamespetts

And also the GWR Hall and Modified Hall:

GWR-Hall
GWR 4900 "Hall" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Hall-Tender
GWR 4900 "Hall" Tender
GWR-Modified-Hall
GWR 6959 "Modified Hall" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Modified-Hall-Tender
GWR 6959 "Modified Hall" Tender

jamespetts

The LMS Fowler 3P:

LMS-Fowler-3P-Tank
LMS Class 3P

The Hood

Added to standard SVN, so should be in the next nightly for all to play with... (not balanced, but should have gear values added which approximately work).

jamespetts

GWR County class (Hawksworth)

GWR-Hawksworth-County
GWR 1000 "County" Class 4-6-0
GWR-Hawksworth-County-Tender
GWR 1000 "County" Tender

Edit: Also, improved graphics for the modified Hall, using the Hawksworth tender.

The Hood

I detect a strong GWR bias developing here - you don't live in the West Country by any chance do you?

jamespetts

Not in the West Country, no - South-East London! The reason for all the GWR 4-6-0s is partly because they all look so similar to each other, it's easy to do all the varients, which are also very useful: until the middle of the 1920s, the GWR locomotives were more or less the best around, so it makes sense to have a good range of GWR locomotives in the period between the end of broad gauge and the middle of the 1920s.

I was not originally going to do the County at all, as it was less significant than the others, but realised that the timeline in the 1940s needed everything that it could get, and that it would be very easy to adapt the Modified Hall. Also, having a 6MT power classification, it is useful, in that there aren't otherwise any other steam locomotives in that power classification after the early 1930s - the BR Standard 6MT (the "Clan") having been less than successful.

Actually, I rather detected something of an anti-GWR bias in the original pakset - there's much more to the GWR, after all, than the Bulldog, the Star, the King, the 28xx, the 57xx and the 14xx... ;-)

jamespetts

Attached are updated versions of the suburban Mk I vehicles, with more accurate numbers for seated accommodation.