News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

pak Decompiler OR pak128 source

Started by balloonhead66, April 05, 2010, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balloonhead66

I would like the pak128 source or a pak Decompiler.
If anyone has one can you please tell me?
Hello!

Zeno

There's no such a decompiler, and pak128 isn't open source (yet).

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Pak128.Britain, however, is open source: see the board here.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

balloonhead66

well if someone downloads the svn, they can view the code for the pak viewer right? simutrans has it in there somewhere right??
Hello!

balloonhead66

i want the source of a decompiler because the pakHD doesn't have many features and I wanted to turn the pak128 into pak128.HD
Hello!

prissi

pakHD graphics are 96 in size ... to make a pak128HD you would really need graphics in that size. There are some not coded in the old archive; I would start by those. Also updating the menu, you best use the image decompiler (yes, that actually exists) and arrange them suitable for the new menu system. Look for instance at pak64 sources and the wiki on how to do this.

balloonhead66

i know they are in 96, i want to make a 128HD pak
Hello!

balloonhead66

where would i get the image decompiler
Hello!

prissi

With pakHD graphics you can only make a pak 96 size. YOu have to draw your own graphics. If they are good enough there will be many helpers for you to built your pak set around them. So start drawing. pakHD images won't help you at all.

balloonhead66

i know
i want to make a pak128HD!!! so i need the pak128 source images to draw on...
Hello!

vilvoh

I'm curious. Are you going to redraw all pak128 stuff by hand or are you going to use a filter or plugin to convert them into hand-drawn style?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

balloonhead66

i'm going to redraw all of pak128 to a hand-drawn after seeing that pakHD doesn't have much items and it only works on 99.x.x so i figued i'd make a pak128.HD so people can enjoy hand-drawn on 102.2.2 and still be developed unlike pakHD witch was stopped in late 2007.  So yes, I want the pak128 source images to draw over and it will be continnually developed because I have notheing better to do other than play video games

so where can i get a pakDecompilor or something simmilar or where can I get all the pak128 images

by hand

mod note: please do not double-post. Edit your last comment instead.
~vilvoh
Hello!

VS

Quote from: balloonhead66 on April 07, 2010, 04:40:15 PM
where can I get all the pak128 images
Did you perhaps miss my first post here? It links to another post with link to some pak128 sources.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

balloonhead66

Hello!

martin

Quote from: balloonhead66 on April 07, 2010, 04:40:15 PM
i'm going to redraw all of pak128 to a hand-drawn after seeing that pakHD doesn't have much items and it only works on 99.x.x

Well I know pakHD isn't up to date, but I started to make it compatible with ST1.00 and newer. I've a working pak now (running on 102.2.2)  with new menu's and stuff... Also added food chain. That needs some transportation though which is almost done... So if you have some more patience an updated pakHD will be released.

If you like playing pakHD you could also fill in the gaps. It will save you a massive lot of work. Believe me, drawing a working pak from scratch is a hell of a job

balloonhead66

i don't care, i just want to make a pak128.HD so I can get pak128 in Hand Drawn not pak96 in Hand Drawn...  i have nothing better to do than draw...
Hello!

gauthier

so ... just draw, and show us your pictures ;)
pak128 sources isn't needed to draw on, juste see the pictures directly by playing with pak128.

balloonhead66

i know, but I want references for when i'm on my vacation without a laptop (i don't own one)
i will print out the images and draw on them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: balloonhead66 on April 05, 2010, 10:21:56 PM
I would like the pak128 source or a pak Decompiler.
If anyone has one can you please tell me?
this is my main question
Hello!

jonasbb

VS has give you a link to the pak128 sources. So why are you not content with this?

And I also do not understand how you want to make a digital image without a laptop.
Scanning and resizing the image won`t work perfectly.

balloonhead66

not what i need!
i want to know if someone could download the svn and get the code for the pakDecompiler in simutrans. it is in there somewhere!
Hello!

gauthier

you're just boring ...

you can draw on some screenshots taken from the game, and scale your drawings with some sources example.

you have to understand that you WON'T have pak128 sources since pak128 isn't open source.

balloonhead66

ok, i get that, but now i am wondering on the images, how many are there and what are they of. or at least, what is needed to make the game playable?
Hello!