News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Debate: Simutrans Particle Accelerator can have?

Started by Aglezabad, September 22, 2008, 03:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aglezabad

Hi, I want freedom in this little comment:

Simutrans, transport simulator as realistic, has rejected certain parts of reality (military, nuclear energy, crime and disasters of all kinds), some are add-ons and others are often present in other than the official Paks pak 64.

I come here with this question:

??? Simutrans Particle Accelerator can have? ???

Whether in the auto industry (not intervention by the user), in chains of transmission or as a tourist destination, usually special care appliances. There are plenty of those in SimCity, for example.

I say this because these devices are connected with nuclear research, and these devices have their risks.

So: What do you think?

P.D:If any party is incorrect, sorry, I'm using google translator because I'm Spanish.

VS

Personally, I am not against. But I don't oppose nuclear energy, too, so ask somebody else...

PS: Think how big it is - 10x10 tourist attraction? Bad idea...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Aglezabad

No no, would accommodate a smaller size. There are also small Accelerator.

DirrrtyDirk

Aren't most of them built underground? Or do I just think that now because of the LHC?  ;D

Anyway, I am also not strictly against it - but I also don't see much use (other than maybe as a tourist attraction) for it. It certainy plays no role in the goods production / transportation part of the game, as far as I can see. (Also I don't understand the connection with "auto industry" you made- or what you mean by "chains of transmission", to be honest...)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Aglezabad

This is only a consultation if you can do, and sooner or later, do it.

Already the majority are below ground, but one could make the surface and a tube to indicate where he is.

PS: This is what I commented on the forum Spanish and appeared to be a good idea as a tourist attraction.

Zeno

As Aglezabad says, this was commented first in the Spanish forum, and the general opinion is that it can be a tourist attraction, but is nonsense to have any connection with the industry chains. Actually (I think) the only intention was to discuss if it might be a good idea to introduce particle accelerators in simutrans or not.

DirrrtyDirk

Well in that case, I'd say just go ahead with it.

VS

Hm, I don't see why it could be offensive... I've seen people say "CERN is bad" but those were some American kids who obviously knew nothing about it besides "end of world".

(BTW the last time it was thought world might be destroyed was when the first nuke was tested :P And we are still here!)

Apart from that, I would find buildings with "GeneCorp, co." and such more problematic.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

Sorry ... but not only "American Kids"

There was some people, how go to    justice in switch and germany agains the lhc .....

That they have no chance ......
I hope you understand my English

wipi35

Well, it's not a touristattraction but only some kind of a researchlab. It consumes an enormous amount of electricity and there's nothing to transport other than very tiny particles nearly at the speed of light. So IMHO it's not very relevant for Simutrans.
BTW1. The LHC is down for a couple of months due to some problems.
BTW2. Some people were afraid that a black hole would be created, swallowing our whole planet and universe. Fortunately nothing happened so far so we all can continue playing Simutrans!  ;D

DirrrtyDirk

Well there are always people who claim that the world will end for some obscure reason. Has happened with Y2k, has happened with solar eclipses... and this year it's the LHC's turn.

Spike

Quote from: Aglezabad on September 22, 2008, 03:50:32 PM
I say this because these devices are connected with nuclear research, and these devices have their risks.

It was more about peaceful, than anti-nuclear. Nuclear transports often face much opposition, thus cannot be considered peaceful. And nuclear waste causes troubles.

I hope a research facility like CERN will not cause such troubles, but be recognized as an instrument of science. So yes, Simutrans can have such :)

Ashley

I can haz particle accelerator?

As with the nuclear power chain addon I made, paint it first then let someone else worry about the controversy. Worrying about whether or not it'll ever get put into an official set before it's even been created is a waste of time. Less debating, more painting!
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

Most people had a particle accelerator at their home: a CRT ... and most universities have also quite unattractive (at least to the public) particle accelerators in their labs (starting from spuuter "guns"). Thus a partivle accelerator is rather boring for simutrans, imho. (It is boring to the non-enlighted ones most of the time too ... )

vilvoh

Quote from: wipi35 on September 22, 2008, 05:19:19 PM
BTW2. Some people were afraid that a black hole would be created, swallowing our whole planet and universe. Fortunately nothing happened so far so we all can continue playing Simutrans!  ;D

A tourist attraction animated that way would be great, like this one..... :D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Alex. Brose