News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

drive thru truck loading dock

Started by grampybear, April 08, 2010, 01:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

Using PAK128v102.2.2 and as my industries become more congested with trucks coming and going all trying to enter and exit a loading dock road way and causing major backups I often would like to have the option to have a drive thru dock similar to bus stop where trucks would enter and exit in one direction

jonasbb

If you are enabling goods for a station by placing a cargo bay beside a normal passenger station the whole station can load goods. So you can then build a drive through station by using the passenger stations.

grampybear

thank you. Could this be made to work for a non passenger stop? for example a furniture factory with three loading bays all entering and leaving on one road way.

jonasbb

It is possible to do this also for a non passenger stop but I assume that the graphics for the stop are missing.

Maybe you find here what you are searching for: http://addons.simutrans.com/

MoTw

Although you seem to prefer pak128: ;)
In pak96.comic, there already is a drive-through bay for trucks:
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Combuijs

I've made one as well for pak64...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

grampybear

Thank you both  and while both Paks have some nice features I am not ready to convert  ;D

prissi

grampybear

Unless I have miss read the archive forum the drive Thur there are for PAK 64. There is talk about scaling down PAK128 bus stops to fit PAK 64 but I find nothing about a truck drive Thur loading bay. Still looking

Edit:  Found a way around drive thru. By placing a simple bus terminal next to normal truck loading bay the road will pass thru, next schedule truck pickup or delivery to bus terminal instead of truck loading bay, also a one way sign is needed at entrance to bus terminal or truck will turn around and exit same way it came in.

PatrickN

I think I made an open version of the loading dock for pak128 by taking out the back wall, but I'm not sure if it was ever included or not.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

Milko