News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

SMSC May Edition: downtown

Started by vilvoh, May 03, 2010, 01:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Here we go on with the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The May's topic is downtown

Downtown is a term primarily used in North America to refer to a city's core (or centre) or central business district, usually in a geographical, commercial, and community sense.

This means high buildings, sky crappers, parkings, bus stations, tram stops, monorails but also old town squares. I recommend to take a look at the photos attached to the wikipedia article, in order to get inspire.

Rules

• Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic:  Downtown
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] or any other image hosting service, and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at the half of the month. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)

Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

QuoteTopic: Underground passengers & mail stations

O_o

vilvoh

Fixed. It was a copy & paste mistake.. :P

MoTw

world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

gauthier

(right click \ show picture for full screen)

Crowded downtown.

This city is built around the main station, a highway is built near the downtown for a better traffic. A plane from the neighbour airport is here to pollute the sky as the ground is ...

pak128 + joker roads + SNFOS_SNCF_z8800 + SNFOS_RATP_MS61

MeHazTrainz

Metropol City
The biggest City in the World!
You may see up to 15 busses at the same place and exact time...
Can't use trains because they are slow. That's why this city has Maglevs that travel
from one side of the city to the other! But remember to have some cash before
you use the maglev ;) Im sure you don't want to walk in this huge place.

Pak: 128+Maglev Addon+other random addons

MoTw

whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Lmallet

Park Street Station
Pak128.Britain

This town has so many trams, the only way city council was able to deal with tram congestion was to look up!

VS

Trams on ground level bust through walls quite often, it seems ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

The Hood

pak128.Britain has never been too much in favour of enforcing the laws of physics - remember the magic horses? (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3409.0)

More elevated ways are on the to-do list though, and these will include ones with pillars that look good over roads.  Pity the to-do list is long and my time is short...

VS

From my point of view it's perfectly understandable... but I couldn't resist :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

The Hood

OK, pak128.Britian has never been too much in favour of enforcing the overwhelmingly-most-probable outcome of the statistical rules of quantum mechanics applied to macro-scale objects.  Happier now, vilvoh?

Lord Vetinari

Pak 64.
City of Hillborough (the game chose the name).
City Size: 43.111
Downtown with central railway station and tram tracks.
Although I layed down manually the dual carriages roads, the city itself developed to the present stage naturally during gameplay, without cheats.
The city has a total of 10 tram lines (although two of them are clockwise and counterclockwise services of a circle line, so you mey count them as a single line) and three subways (not showed in the image, of course), all of them crossing at Central Station.
Other three neighbouring cities joined the metropolitan area, all served by trams and subways.

PS sorry for those two income signs. Anyone knows how to disable them? It's a very busy station, it's hard to have a perfectly clear shot.

vilvoh

I'm sorry Lord Vetinari but the max image size allowed is 800x600 and yours is 800x800. Try to cut it or make it smaller.

EDIT: this is how it would look with the proper size... link

Lord Vetinari

You're right, sorry. I was sure I read 800x800. Fixed.

Frank

no competition, set is not official releases

pak.ttd demo

261 kb

vilvoh

why not Frank? rules are clear and flexible enough: you can use any pakset you want. It can be old or outdated..

Frank

Quote from: vilvoh on May 06, 2010, 08:49:53 PM
... It can be old or outdated..

this is not old or outdated, is simutrans version 0.102.2.2

this pak.ttd is a dev version

see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=869.0
and http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=868.0 ( sorry is german )

vilvoh

Even if it's a development version, you can use it too. So, you still want to take part in the contest with that screenshot?

Frank

Quote from: vilvoh on May 07, 2010, 06:55:48 AM
... So, you still want to take part in the contest with that screenshot?

I think not

Fabio

Quote from: Lord Vetinari on May 06, 2010, 12:18:13 PM
Pak 64.
City of Hillborough (the game choose the name).

Very nice highrisers in Pak64, it seems ;D

Alex. Brose

Big city with roads and roads and... Yes - many roads. And two tram lines! ;)
Can you count the highrises?

us (site down, do not visit) ]/filestore/54/4JrTZSOX2Q.screenshot.png._]FULL SIZE

pak96.comic

MoTw

Mine is a bit smaller... But I have no 'higher' cities to offer, currently  :-[ But nevertheless:

[right click => show image for full size]
pak96.comic addons

MoTw

Today's the half of the month! Does anyone want to participate?

We've received several entries at the German forum: click here to see the thread
pak96.comic addons

vilvoh

That's right, last call for participants!!  :police:

@MoTw: I've uploaded all candidates to graphics.simutrans.com, even the ones from german forum.

MoTw

OK. But I think Frank didn't want to participate?
pak96.comic addons

Frank

Quote from: MoTw on May 15, 2010, 01:33:53 PM

graphics listed yes

poll listed no

vilvoh

Quote from: MoTw on May 15, 2010, 01:33:53 PM
I know but the screenshot is very nice so I couldn't resist.. ;D

vilvoh

The nomination period is over, so this topic will be locked and now you can vote for the candidates at the poll.