News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Preparing for 8.0

Started by jamespetts, May 12, 2010, 10:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Developers - I have just pushed a new branch to Github, 8.x. This is the source code equivalent of a release candidate: any new features (apart from a GUI for the final two simuconf.tab options most recently added) need to be put in -devel, whereas 8.x is to be used for bug fixes only until the features have proven themselves stable enough to be pulled accross to the 8.x branch, and a new version created and released.

I should be very grateful if anyone with the ability to compile the code themselves tries to test the 8.x branch to destruction - it would be good if we could find as many bugs as we can before we release the binaries, which I am hoping to do within a week or two.

Do let me know of any bugs or if there are any queries.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

neroden

I ran into a random coding error, fixed on my '8.x' branch.  (I suggest you merge this into your 8.x branch, and then separately merge it into your devel branch.)

jamespetts

Neroden,

thank you for the fix! Will merge in a few minutes...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

neroden

Rrrgh.  Unfortunately the fix generates trouble in other code.  The code is simply confused about what sort of numbers it's looking for.  If you can answer the question in the other thread I can make a more complete fix.

jamespetts