News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bus stops

Started by vilvoh, December 06, 2008, 11:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

As we have only a few old covered bus stops, I'm making some more. The first one is a blu bus stop from 1947-1978. I've to fix some rebel pixels and it will be ready to release..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

First set of four covered bus stops: Blu, UKplus, Rekv and Bisk. They're from different countries..

vilvoh

I've fixed some things related to scales and special colors, so here you have the new release. It's not compatible with old versions of Simutrans (at least 99.04 and lower). The set consist of nine covered bus stops. Some are country bus stops (Forth, nowe) climate bus stops (rekv and nowe for winter) modern (Landmark) and city stops (ukplus, fot and blu)

I've mixed the levels, therefore some of them have more capacity than others. BTW, the sources are available at graphics.simutrans.com at User galleries >> vilvoh >> bus stops

NOTE: People who dowloaded the first pak file, will have to remove it in case you want to play with this one. The current pak file attached already contains previous bus stops released, so erase the old one..

Lodovico

Very nice.
But at least the wooden one should have a longer service, don't you think?

vilvoh

I don't understand... are you refering to the bus stop length? Now I get it... well, although all have intro an retire dates, as you pointed out, actually they're not oriented to timeline games. Anyway, that bus stop (Fort) is available along 21 years (1925-1946) which I think it's quite reasonable, as there is just one bus stop available in that period (the default one). In addition, that's a country bus stop.

EDIT: Bus stop dates ordered by intro and retire dates:

• Fort: 1925-46
  • nowe: 1930-56
  • rekv: 1949-63
  • Ward: 1951-73
  • blu: 1978-92
  • ukplus: 1981-2003
  • Fot: 1985-2003
  • Adelbert: 1984-2005
  • LandMark: 1995-2020

Almost all have a minimun service period of around 20-30 years...and some have the same building level, so ones turn into the logical replacement of others.

Lodovico

From the timeline game point of view I would like to see your Fort stop operating in a longer time interval. Let us say 1900-2000.
It is pretty, just destined for countryside. :)

vilvoh

Well, If you want a custom pak, you only have to grab the png and dat files from graphics.simutrans.comgsc, modify the dates from the dat file and create the new pak file using makeobj. That's one of the advantages of licensing the contents over open source licences. If you got the sources, so you got the power... ;)

Lodovico

No, no. I am not going to build my own pakset.
Not now, when my sons hungup on pak96.comic.  ;)

First I want to try to push authors of current paks to warp them or to create new versions to fit my recommendations about missing or misplaced vehicles for timeline games period before year 1900-1930.

vilvoh

good try..... :D

Actually, It's a good tip but imho if you want to power timeline game experience you have to force, slightly of course, players to update vehicles and structures after a reasonable period of time, and I consider that 20-30 years of in-game time is a quite reasonable period. Anyway, this won't be the first thing I'll make related with timeline.

One doubt I have. Is the building physically removed from the game after the retire year, or it's still there although it's not already available?

Lodovico

Quote from: vilvoh on December 10, 2008, 09:48:15 AM
One doubt I have. Is the building physically removed from the game after the retire year, or it's still there although it's not already available?
It remains if it is vehicle or common building.
I do not know how system manages retired buildings from menu (stops, signs, atc.)

VS

Physically removed? How? If you still have it on the map, it can't be.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Lodovico

Ahh, sorry.
Common buildings yes. 

BudapestTRansport

it may turn up to dissolve that let a stop be an one-sided bus?

vilvoh

Yes, you can. If you paint the stop building only at one side. Have a look at the sources at graphics.simutrans.com bus stop gallery, and you'll check that some of them have the stop building at one side and a small signal on the other side.

prissi

Probably player color would really help for bus stops; especially when multiplayer becomes effective ...

vilvoh

I'm going to reboot this topic, as I've planned to make new high capacity bus stops and terminals. Thus, let's begin with this modern bus stop set (yillow, Klam and blakbox)

vilvoh

I'm working on four new bus stops, some of them with large layouts like this one called Kapero. The new set will be ready soon.

EDIT: An image from one of the other bus stops from the set, Ronded terminal fully loaded.

vilvoh

Large bus stops set finished. It consists of Oldeeba, Ronded (x3), Kapero(x2) and Stockport (x2) bus stops with different layouts and configurations. Take a look at the image...

Ashley

Wow, really nice Vilvoh :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

VS

Absolutely agreed! I particularly like the bottom left one :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!