News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Glitch: I get money for removing lakes? (in version 100.0)

Started by NiWe, August 19, 2008, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiWe

In this screenshot, I'm using the ...whassitsname... "drag-the-rail-and-let's-see-how-it-looks" function to lay rail, which passes over one of the lakes (I forgot to open the info window on the lake before I made the screenshot, but it calls it "See2"  -- Well, for what it's worth, the lake above ["See1"] behaves the same way, so perhaps that was superfluous information... Whatever.).

As you see, the expected approximate cost have turned negative.

I'm  using version 100.0 (the SDL variety) with standard pak64 (no further add-ons, as far as I can recall) on a XP.

Colin

I think that negative money, IE: -1000.00$ means your are paying money, not receiving money. As you would if you employed a contractor to remove anything.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

z9999

Colin

Quote from: z9999 on August 20, 2008, 06:03:23 AM
Should be a bug.

I must be misreading this somehow If you have $200.395.00 before removing the lake and $199.500.00 after, surely that's what is supposed to happen. Might be a bit excessive, but not if you take in to account the cost of the rails.
Oh! silly me I just had another look at your picture. Yeah you're right that may be a bug, but NiWe's original post only showed a negative money transaction. It did'nt sow the balances.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

NiWe

Quote from: Colin on August 20, 2008, 07:17:22 AM
I must be misreading this somehow If you have $200.395.00 before removing the lake and $199.500.00 after, surely that's what is supposed to happen. Might be a bit excessive, but not if you take in to account the cost of the rails.
Oh! silly me I just had another look at your picture. Yeah you're right that may be a bug, but NiWe's original post only showed a negative money transaction. It did'nt sow the balances.

Of course, I could have made another screenshot where I didn't pass the lake; if so you'd see that the number (the "approximate expected cost") is positive.

(Edited for typo.)

Ormac

I can confirm this. When building over the lake the cost for removal of the lake  is added to the player account rather than removed (or deducted from the estimate so it is smaller).

simutrans 100.0 Pak 64 Windows XP

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com