News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

(solved) Grain farm without fields

Started by Václav, May 21, 2010, 09:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Six grain farms appeared in the game but without fields - and still produce grain. It is very strange. I hope that some fields will appear around central buildings of farms.

Currently I play with nightly graphic set 928. I think it is inside graphics - but I am not sure.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

This was a problem with generating the nightlies. Downloading a recent one (later than May 18th) should fix this.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

Thanks.

-->
Some months passed away and fields did not appear.

-->
Also 3317 has the same problem. And it is not related to only grain farm. Also forest and cotton farm have been affected by this.

Dwachs

Sorry, the problem was in the pak128 nightlies! Please use a recent one,

stmaker

@Offtopic: Just out of curiosity, what's a nightly build?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Václav

Dwachs: Thanks ... but I use current one, 928. But I could to try reload older version of these factories ... for time until new nightly will be available.

STransMaker: unofficial release.

Dwachs

Maybe redownloading the pak128 helps?

If you saved the game when the fields already disappeared, then the fields will not be in the savegame anymore. However they should start to grow again.

Please check with public player whether the fields work again (place an industry with fields).

Václav

Thanks again.

-->
Result of verification:
in list of factories are showed only cotton_farm_w_fields and grain_farm_w_fields.

And replacing factories by older ones will not be easy but it seems it is only one way how to have fields in game again.

-->
Replacing of files did not help. But I found that fields are in pak128 dir twice - once with prefix factory and also with prefix field.

-->
I wanted to download new exe files for Windows (currently numbered 3332) but they are missing (last number is 3317) - meanwhile for Linux and MacOS they are available. I hope that tomorrow it will be right again.

sdog

@STransMaker:
you can find nightlies here:
http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/

they are regularily automatically compiled from the sourcecode. since this is customarily done overnight they're called nightly builds.

typically simutrans nightlies run very well, with not many bugs. but still they are not stable, and may contain overlooked bugs introduced the day(s) before.

Dwachs

In the current openpak128 nightly there are a lot of paks missing.

However, fields are working with the pak (I had to copy some files from pak128....)

@Vaclav: did you tried to run your game in fast-forward several years? Maybe the fields will come back?

Václav

Solved - by deleting of field files with prefix factory (and rewriting by old files).

All three fielded factories have got fields back - and without running game in accelerated speed. Only result on forests caused something very funny - see attached picture.

And by the way, I often update only by replacing of files in dir. So your idea of missing files is irrelevant, I think.

stmaker

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on May 22, 2010, 04:02:14 PM
STransMaker: unofficial release.

Quote from: sdog on May 22, 2010, 06:01:25 PM
@STransMaker:
you can find nightlies here:
http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/

they are regularily automatically compiled from the sourcecode. since this is customarily done overnight they're called nightly builds.

typically simutrans nightlies run very well, with not many bugs. but still they are not stable, and may contain overlooked bugs introduced the day(s) before.

Are those nightly-builds made from patches?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

sdog

patches are integrated into the source code, the nightly builds are made from that source code. not all patches are integrated in the source code. You can find those that are in the "Patches released" section of the forum (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=33.0).

But as i understood it there are more changes to the code than those released in patches, Prissi the head developer integrates his changes directly. I don't really know the actual workflow however, best search in the forum or ask over at the 'development section'.

VS

As to the original topic: The fields error isn't on pakset side of things...

But I don't know if wernieman uses nightly makeobj to build nightly paks. If yes, there is a reason why no changes in data could result in different paks later!

Well, it's a nightly ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

yes, wernieman uses a nightly makeobj with broad-tunnel support. And there was a bug in makeobj, see the discussion here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5111.0

Václav

Quote from: Dwachs on May 23, 2010, 10:25:23 AM
broad-tunnel

What is broad-tunnel?

As it is written I am confused.

Dwachs

Václav

Thanks. I could guess it. Simply (and probably more exact) multiple track tunnels.