News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Passenger & Mail Levels

Started by stmaker, May 21, 2010, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

I wondered on this a long time (ok except the Mail Level) before I created this account.

How about this:

1 Passenger Level - 10 to 15 Passenger (can change setting)
1 Mail Level - 5 to 10 Mail (can change setting)
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

prissi

The actual numbers depends on town size. It can be changed to display passengers/month

stmaker

Quote from: prissi on May 21, 2010, 03:18:28 PM
The actual numbers depends on town size. It can be changed to display passengers/month

So, if the city is much bigger, the passenger & mail levels will increase?
And how can the month affects the levels?

EDIT:

Ok, since yesterday I was messing on the simuconf.tab in my pak.128 and saw something like this:

# passenger generation (default is 16) Smaller values means less passengers
passenger_factor=50

I don't know what's this... I've been messing this always. So, can anyone help me with that?
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

prissi

The number of passengers generated depends on the city size. If a city has 3000 inhabitans and only ten building, nine with level 1 and one with level 27, then the level 27 would create 3/4 of the total passengers.

stmaker

Quote from: prissi on May 22, 2010, 08:41:06 PM
The number of passengers generated depends on the city size. If a city has 3000 inhabitans and only ten building, nine with level 1 and one with level 27, then the level 27 would create 3/4 of the total passengers.

3/4 of the building or the city?

stmaker

petter

I´m a human and a Simutrans player :)
I´m more active in the german Simutrans forum

TheUniqueTiger

From what I understand all these years playing simutrans and as Prissi said,
1. passenger_factor in config file indicates the global multiplier for passenger generation. Larger the value, more overall passengers, smaller means opposite.
2. suppose with passenger_factor=16, a building with passenger level 1 generates 2 passenger/day... then a building with passenger level 20 will generate 40 passengers/day. Its just a comparison between buildings generating passengers and not an absolute number. Same for mail level.

stmaker

Quote from: TheUniqueTiger on May 23, 2010, 03:42:23 PM
From what I understand all these years playing simutrans and as Prissi said,
1. passenger_factor in config file indicates the global multiplier for passenger generation. Larger the value, more overall passengers, smaller means opposite.
2. suppose with passenger_factor=16, a building with passenger level 1 generates 2 passenger/day... then a building with passenger level 20 will generate 40 passengers/day. Its just a comparison between buildings generating passengers and not an absolute number. Same for mail level.

So what if I put the passenger_factor to 50?

TheUniqueTiger

^^ That would be really crazy :) Try it !!! My routes get overcrowded quickly with passenger_factor=20.
(I don't know whether passenger_factor increases in direct proportion or exponential...)