News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

way-type for trams

Started by sanna, May 25, 2010, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

I am a bit confused as to which way-type is used for trams in pak128.Britain. The dat files in the folder trams seem to specify schiene_tram, not tram_track, but I cannot find a dat file specifying a way type nor a depot that uses schiene_tram.

tram_track.dat uses way-type tram_track as does the dat files in the london underground folder. But I have used trams in pak128.Britain many a time, so the problem cannot be as big as it would look at first.

Maybe these 2 way-types really are 2 different kinds or are aliases to one another...and I am too thick to see it... Could someone lift my confusion please *smile*

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add, schiene_tram is not one of the way types that you can filter on in SimuTranslator, making it hard to get an overview of the trams...

VS

Schiene_tram is an alias (and discouraged, I think).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Frank

schiene_tram is the old syntax

the actual syntax is

waytype=track
system_type=7

or

waytype=tram_track

jamespetts

The next release of Pak128.Britain-Ex will feature the current syntax for tramway tracks - perhaps the Standard version ought also be so changed...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Probably would be a good idea.  I just haven't got round to it on the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" principle...