News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Nightly 290: Can't build level crossings before 1900

Started by wlindley, June 07, 2010, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

With Nightly-290 build (this installs into pak128.britain -- all lowercase) I cannot build level crossings until 1900.  With v1.07 (installs into pak128.Britain -- capitalized) I can build level crossings in all years, on same save games and likewise on 'default' game.  Applies to at least the most recent half dozen standard nightly builds.

p.s., was case change on purpose?

The Hood

I suspect this is because of the new feature to allow different level crossings over the timeline which presumably defaults to intro 1900.  Should be an easy fix.

The case change isn't deliberate, but that is one for wernieman as the builder of the nightly builds.  Does this cause problems?

wernieman

We use at the nightlys an eperimentel Version of makeobj. It is a pre Version of the next Offizial Version.

The Server need it, because PAK64 use the new Features.

It is not implement, that we use different makeobj on the Server for different PAKs
I hope you understand my English

The Hood

Thanks wernieman.  I understand.  I do intend to make some different crossings for different eras, but in the meantime I reckon giving the existing crossing an intro year of 1750 should solve the problem.  Is that right?

Secondly, if it's not too difficult, could you change the build folder to pak128.Britain (capital B) for consistency with the main releases of the pakset?  Thanks

wernieman

No Problem ....

btw:
Have you a problem, when I put the "revision" to the Folder too??

like pak128.Britain.r1234

But I don´t rename the Zip/7z-Files!
Because this is a big Problem ...
I hope you understand my English

wlindley

Here is a suggested revised .dat and .png for the crossing (this zip includes the pak as well).  Before 1900, cobblestone road with out gates.  1750 and 1850 era tracks, in addition to the circa-1900 version.

Drop the .pak into your pak128.britain/ directory and you can build crossings again, yay!  ;D

p.s., Anyone with suggestions on appropriate signs for those early eras?   Or thoughts how we might add a little shack alongside...

The Hood

Wlindley - that's probably a good image for early level crossings (up to around the 1850s or so).  After that it will be a swing gated crossing, before going to the automated barriers in the 1960s.  Thanks for this!

jamespetts

How goes development with these? They will be a good addition when finished :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.