News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[r3447] Fields are built on unconnected farms

Started by jamespetts, June 09, 2010, 11:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

This is a bug that was initially reported for Experimental 8.0 and 8.1 (see here), but I have reproduced it using the latest Standard nightly build. From my preliminary investigations, the problem appears to originate in fabrik_t::step(long delta_t), where the variable delta_menge has a non-zero value even when the factory is not producing. I have not yet been able to track down the ultimate origin of this bug. I am wondering whether it might relate to another mysterious industry-related bug so far reported only in Experimental, but that is very hard to reproduce as it is entirely idiosyncratic: details here.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

A factroy produces, as long as the storage is completely filled. When the production reached one unit, there is a chance to spawn a field (or emit smoke). Thus initiall factories could still very slowly produce until saturated. Currently factories start with 16 units before filled. I change this to completely filled, which should take care of this problem.