News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Finding, Simutrans Experimental 8.2 DoR2: Farm fields can be made to break.

Started by Dutchman on Rails, June 28, 2010, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchman on Rails

While in Simutrans Experimental 8.2, using PAK128.Britain-Ex 0.6 unmodified, the industry works normally, once I use my reduced productivity shops (Greengrocer, Baker, Diary and so on, all industries that consume good but do not produce), and unmodified farms, none of the farms have fields.

This can be worked around for game purposes by increasing the productivity of the farms. Farms will still not have fields, but produce more.

I'll make a savegame of this event and attach it when I have the opportunity.

jamespetts

DoR,

on the face of it, this looks as if it might be an issue with Makeobj or the .dat files; presumably, you recompiled the entire industry .pak in order to modify your shops? Where did you find the .dat files for them, and which version of Makeobj did you use?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dutchman on Rails

The files were from your jamespetts-simutrans-pak128.britain-c838202.zip. The Makeobj is version 5.0.

I've done more compiles with the same .dat files and the same makeobj, and got the impression that it did work with previous Simutrans-Ex versions. I'll do a check with Simutrans-Ex 7.3 (which I still have available) and the same BritIndustry-Ex.pak file to be sure and report back to you.

Edit: I just realised I made another foolish mistake. I need a special Experimental Makeobj. I've downloaded it and will recompile. :-[ :-[

jamespetts

Do let me know your results with the Experimental version of Makeobj :-)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Dutchman on Rails

Well, I ran into some malfunctions with the makeobj MERGE command (it returns copying and the name of the file to be made, and proceeds to make a pak file over 200MB in size). I still have a few workarounds to try though.

Edit: The workaround that solved this problem was to give instructions to create the merged pak file in another directory, something that is not necessary with makeobj-standard.

And of course it did turn out to be a compilation error. Sorry for the gaffe... :-[

VS

DoR: The merging mega file bug is not Experimental exclusive feature :P It appeared in Standard as well and got fixed a few weeks ago, I think.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts