News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Electric Loco Addons

Started by Maragil, June 29, 2010, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

I can't find any electric or diesel 128 addons that go faster than our current trains - I'm interested in finding some - any suggestions?

H./

nitromefan

Sorry there is no diesel locos going faster than the current ones and there is no electric locos in simutrans you silly.

Lmallet

Quote from: Maragil on June 29, 2010, 04:32:51 PM
I can't find any electric or diesel 128 addons that go faster than our current trains - I'm interested in finding some - any suggestions?
I am not sure I am understanding your question...  are you looking for ideas for making new locos, or are you looking for somewhere where such locos exist?

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 02:00:10 AM
Sorry there is no diesel locos going faster than the current ones and there is no electric locos in simutrans you silly.

Um, the only thing silly here is that you called someone silly, while electric locos do exist in Simutrans.

nitromefan

Well there is electric locos but only for passanger train sets. There is no electric locos for freight trains. Although the current freight train locos can be used for passangers.

Václav

I don't understand you. All alone-standing locomotives can be used for freight trains too - not only for passenger/post ones. May be some locomotives have been constructed specially for freight trains - but many (mostly) electric locomotives begin life in passenger/post service and then go to freight service.

And by the way: locomotive DB 180 (DR 230) (ČD 371) (produced in Škoda Plzeň) was constructed for passenger trains but I saw herself to pull also freight train.

You can try to search inside Czech language border - here in topic České addons aneb naše lidová tvořivost (Czech addons or our people creativity). There you can find many disesel and electric locomotives (some ones are only prototypes - it means they have not ever been introduced into service or their service age was very short for some reasons - you can recognize them by very short age and/or very high running cost), freight waggons and also passenger and post waggons. I hope you will find what you need there. Some older ones (versions of some ones) are also here - http://ota.webz.cz.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

nitromefan

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on June 30, 2010, 06:42:48 AM
I don't understand you. All alone-standing locomotives can be used for freight trains too - not only for passenger/post ones. May be some locomotives have been constructed specially for freight trains - but many (mostly) electric locomotives begin life in passenger/post service and then go to freight service.

And by the way: locomotive DB 180 (DR 230) (ČD 371) (produced in Škoda Plzeň) was constructed for passenger trains but I saw herself to pull also freight train.

I'm talking about simutrans not in real life

Václav

Of course. I would like to know how do you recognize which locomotive is freight and which one is passenger.

nitromefan

Well in my depot all the passanger locos except a couple which are like 30km/h max can only get used with its matching cars. The passanger locos match up with its cars. The loco and cars look very much the same. If they don't in simutrans its a freight loco.

Václav

I beg your pardon but this seems to me quite strange - division based on speed difference - because don't forget on container waggons. The fastest ones can go faster than 160 km/h.

nitromefan

Yea and there's locos that can go as fast as them :D

VS

Maragil: You can always check the Japanese pages for insane number of addons:
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Site_Map#g5150fb3

I'm not sure if there are some faster... but it could be.

Out of curiosity- where exactly in the timeline are you missing something faster?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 07:00:56 AM

I'm talking about simutrans not in real life

Electrify the track that the train depot is on.

nitromefan

Yes but all the electric trains are passanger only

sdog

open Pak128 lost quite a lot of the electrics, but there are still a lot available. Most of the modern were designed mostly with freight in mind (fast passenger always works anyway for all but antique electrics) since EMUs are mostly used for passenger service. I think DB Baureihe 103 is the only pure passenger electric loc there.

I could much better understand if he was diesel freight locs missing. Until 1990 with the DF 11 nothing really useful is available, perhaps DF4. Because they're so lacking in power trains get really short or need lots of engines.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 11:25:53 PM
Yes but all the electric trains are passanger only

To clarify: They exist. We still don't know why you haven't found them, but they exist.

Perhaps start a new map with no time constraints - maybe you're playing in years where they do not exist.

nitromefan

Ok i do play in around the 1960 to 2010 periods

gauthier

you have to electrify the depot to see electric trains.

VS

sdog: Recently Zeno made a lot of locos and some of them are on the passenger tab. Try nightly >= r1020 , I'm slowly adding and replacing removed stuff...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

I saw you also removed useful bridges ... openpak128 is really not a good pak to be played, many things are needed. you should replaced step by step instead of removing everything at the same time.

sdog

gauthier, you can still use the closed source pak128.

When making it open the one step at a time approach won't work. You can't just release some copyrighted sources temporarily. The other effect is, there needs to be a lack visible, to get new content to fill the gaps.

It's quite possible that he overlooked them i think since one tab is called 'electrics', the other 'locomotives'. Perhaps it would be sensible to rename the first to 'electric multiple units' since those are mostly in there.

gauthier

replacing objects BEFORE making the pak open could be a good solution too.

sdog

That would be a hell lot of work for VS. The way it is done now is sensible, as soon as it is open, new content can be integrated much more easily. People see the gaps, take some parts of the pak, mash it up, and integrate it. VS only has to supervise the process. Just look at pak britain, and it's rapid progress.

Zeno

Actually, this was discussed long ago, and then it was decided to stop "closed" development and start open pak, because some reasons: one of them was to save lot of supervision work; another one was encouraging people to make new graphics missing, as sdog points. As long as there is no possibility to get back now to the start point, this discussion has no sense any more.

The pak now really lacks on half 20th century emu/dmus, IIRC. About freight or general purpose locomotives, I really think there are enough of them in all engine types, not many, but enough to keep the pak playable (specially in last nightlies). Btw, if any of you are interested in creating new graphics it would be very kind of you to ask for details about most needed vehicles :)

gauthier

yes it's super because now we have to wait for new objects to play normally -_-"

tell me when the pak is complete again, I prefer keeping playing on the horrible "closed" pak128.

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on July 01, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
yes it's super because now we have to wait for new objects to play normally -_-"
You don't need to wait if you don't want. Actually I do pick some objects from the closed pak (as bridges and some passenger trains) to complete the open pak on my own way; I have them in the addon folder so I can add/remove objects without messing the pak.

Quote from: gauthier on July 01, 2010, 08:27:01 PMtell me when the pak is complete again, I prefer keeping playing on the horrible "closed" pak128.
No need to worry about that, it will be announced in forum and blog for sure :)

gauthier

QuoteYou don't need to wait if you don't want. Actually I do pick some objects from the closed pak (as bridges and some passenger trains) to complete the open pak on my own way; I have them in the addon folder so I can add/remove objects without messing the pak.

I do the same but do you think that most of Simutrans player who don't know the basics of paksets can do that ?
A good solution should be to create an addon containing "closed" objects which are removed from the openpak.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Well, as with many projects, if you want such a thing and you have time for it......

sdog

as far as i know the last stable version of pak128 (closed source) runs with current stable simutrans splendidly. Players to figure out how to get nightlies, will also figure out how to use addons, or merge the old pak128 with open pak128.

Lots of objects have been replaced, because the need arose, and was visible. Just look at fabio's brilliant nutzwald!

gauthier

Quoteas far as i know the last stable version of pak128 (closed source) runs with current stable simutrans splendidly. Players to figure out how to get nightlies, will also figure out how to use addons, or merge the old pak128 with open pak128.

ok but where the old pak128 is downloadable ???

Zeno

look for the last stable, 1.4.6. that's the closed version and current stable one. open pak is only nightly.

Look here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4652.0

gauthier

yes I'm silly ... sorry. I'm focused on nightlies  :-X

Maragil

Sorry - dragging this topic back to the question, are there any addons which has more Electric Loco's?

H./

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Reddog785

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 02:00:10 AM

Sorry you have to electrify track into the depot to buy electric locos in simutrans you silly.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm locking this thread to prevent further issues.