News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Wrong placement of vehicles

Started by Václav, July 02, 2010, 03:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

May be this topic should be placed in Development and Bug reports board - but I am not sure that is really tied to game core. I found some trains in wrong tabs:

Passenger trains
Renfe_333_Alco - it cannot load anything; so it should be within Locomotives because it has not any bonds to any passenger or post cars too

Electrics
Renfe_269_Altaria, Renfe_252_Altaria, Haru BR-103 - they should be within Locomotives because it has not any bonds to any passenger or post cars

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Thanks for your report, Vaclav. This is the right place to post them, but in this case those vehicles are intentionally in passenger/electrics tabs, because they were originally (IRL) designed for that purpose, and maybe also in the game have been coded with altered parameters (higher speed, lower power) to simulate passenger locomotives. Actually all renfes you wrote are passenger versions which also have a freight version in the locomotives tab. What may lead to confusion is that they don't have any constraints against passenger/post cars, which might be solved by adding new graphics or using existing cars.

Václav

Solution for RENFE locomotives may be in creation of passenger and post cars used by RENFE and adding constraints to locomotives used for passenger trains. Then all would be OK - but why also Haru BR-103 is in tab Electrics - if it had been in tab locomotives since start of pak128 (or age when it had been added into pak128)?

Zeno

Well Vaclav, I'll try to explain it in a more clear way. Trains are distributed in tabs based in the following criteria:

• Passenger trains tab: non-electric trains/cars for passenger purpose
  • Electric tab: electric trains/cars for passenger purpose
  • Locomotives tab: all trains/tenders for freight purpose
  • Cars tab: cars for freight transport

So, the DB-103 was an electric locomotive used to pull passenger cars, so obviously goes to "electric" tab. Same with renfes. So this locomotives (renfes and db-103) are in the right place, no matter the tab they where in before. Maybe you suggest instead a change in the classification criteria?

Václav

Is this division of locomotives new feature in latest nightly - based on any new order line in dat file? Because some locomotives which were/are constructed for passenger trains (class 151 and 163 - they are, of course, based on real ones) by Sim and TommPa9 stayed in tab Locomotives regardless of what you wrote about BR-103.

Zeno

It depends on several parameters. IIRC the classification as follows (please correct me if I'm wrong):
- if freight = Passagiere and engine <> electric then goes to passenger tab
- if freight = Passagiere and engine = electric then goes to electrics tab
- if freight = None then goes to locomotives tab
- if power = 0 and freight <> Passagiere then goes to cars tab

The BR-103 has engine = electric, capacity = 0 and freight = Passagiere, and that's why it goes to the electrics tab. If it had freight = None, it would stay in locomotives tab like TommPa9's engines. I hope I explained clear enough :)

Václav

??? Yes - but I only would like to know this: had BR-103 had freight line set before?

Zeno

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on July 04, 2010, 02:44:06 PM
??? Yes - but I only would like to know this: had BR-103 had freight line set before?
Dunno. Maybe in an old release of pak128 it was freight = none, but I don't have any old version to check it :(

Václav

Somewhere in forum is available SVN 827 export (I downloaded it some time ago) ... and there this (BR-103) have freight=none.

Zeno

It is possible, but now it is in the passenger tab because its real historical use. Are you asking for a change of tab or just wanted to know?

Václav

Quote from: Zeno on July 04, 2010, 04:02:38 PM
but now it is in the passenger tab because its real historical use.
As I wrote in topic Electric Loco Addons by Maragil, most locomotives begin service in passenger transport and then they go to freight transport - for some reasons. Only few locomotives are constructed only for freight service. And I don't speak about locomotives constructed for both.

So I would like to see BR-103 back in Locomotives tab. And locomotives called in the first post could be there too.

Zeno

RENFE locomotives that you named in the first post are BOTH in the passenger/electric AND locomotives tabs, because they are identical vehicles with different livery, specific versions for passenger transport (look at the class numbers, 319, 279, etc). So these locomotives will never be moved because they already exist in the locomotives tab. I may (or not) paint passenger cars for them in the future.

About the DB-103, I only will give my oppinion: it's ok for me where it is. I never use it for freight transport because this engine has too much speed for the wagons in its age, so I would like it to keep where it is as long as there are Haru's passenger cars designed for it with same speed. Anyway I wouldn't be against a change as it hasn't freight-equivalent version.

Václav

I had used DB-103 for pulling of cooled cars (for frozen food) - but I have not used it for some time. Sim and TommPa9 made some very good locomotives which can be used instead it without problems - regardless of locomotive for speed higher than 200 km/h appears after year 2000.

This is that locomotive

(on track of railway test circle close to Cerhenice, Czech republic)

and inside sets made by them are some other very good ones.