News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

r3495 Mac pak128 - crash when scrolling

Started by ArthurDenture, July 05, 2010, 02:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArthurDenture

I'm running into a crash on the Mac version of Simutrans. This occurs when I'm scrolling the map by holding down the arrow keys. It happens frequently enough, but unfortunately, I haven't figured out the exact circumstances of the crash to reproduce it reliably. Here's the message printed out:

2010-07-04 15:26:35.720 sim-macintel[6357:10b] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: '*** -[NSLayoutManager glyphRangeForTextContainer:]: given container does not appear in the list of containers for this NSLayoutManager.'  invoked observer method: '*** -[SDLMain applicationDidFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x426500  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'

At this point, the game stops responding, and it segfaults a few seconds later.

This is on OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) on a Macbook Pro, with the latest nightlies (tested with r3495). I tried running with "-log 1", but all that seems to do is create an empty file at ~/simutrans/simu.log.

Let me know if there's anything else that would help debug.

Dwachs

could you please try to run the program in a debugger and provide a backtrace when it crashes? Dont know how to do that on MAC though :/
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

I remember somebody reporting in another thread a problem with using the arrow keys to scroll on the Macintosh platform, and suspecting the cause to be related to SDL.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ArthurDenture

I can run simutrans under gdb. But... I can't get it to crash anymore! I guess that's good, all things considered. I'll follow up if it crashes again and I have a backtrace to show.