News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

calculations for input and output goods

Started by grampybear, July 09, 2010, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

Good morning all.. after several weeks playing around with modifying existing factories and buildings in Pak128 I am still having problems coming up with workable numbers for input goods vs output goods, that is; how much of a input good does it take to produce a output good and what is a good production rate.  I have searched wiki but must be using the wrong parameters because I can find nothing. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.   

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

grampybear

Thank you, That helped some at least a good explanation of terms but didn't address values. Example using the electronics factory, what value is placed on each of the raw materials; steel, plastic, glass to produce one output of electronics or in my case computers? Also what determines input and output capacity? Are these numbers generated from some formula, quantity per tile or some other calculation? Again thank you, I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I wish to learn the correct way.

Zeno

@grampybear: you have to change the InputFactor[X] and OutputFactor[X] properties. These are all given in %; for input, means % of input goods consumed to get 100% output amount; for output means % of output goods generated for a 100% input. You can work on them with combinations:

An example could be a meat cannery, with input set at 80% input for meat, 20% input for steel, and 100% output for canned food. This means it will need 8 units of meat plus 2 of steel to produce 10 of canned food. Changing 100% output to 150% output would require the same input goods (8+2) to produce 15 units of canned food; this way, you could change also input rates at 100% meat and 20% steel, which would result in 10 units of meat and 2 of steel to produce 10 of canned food. You can combine also both examples. Hope it helps :)

grampybear

Thank you, that does help. I understood that I had to change X to a % but I was trying to read too much into a formula or predetermined quantity for the %. So setting a realistic % of input or output based on volume  capable of being delivered either by rail or by truck is acceptable for game play.