News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[Known bug/issue] Random Map rotation after saves?

Started by Hagablabah, October 08, 2008, 02:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagablabah

I'm not sure where exactly to put this, but sometimes the map, right after a save, changes the default North. So that the map rotates and that messes  up my names of stops and stations and stuff like that (for example: "Glencrest North Station" is now on the eastside of town). Am I hitting a button I don't know about?

It's not "R". I know that one. It's happened twice now on 100.0.

DirrrtyDirk

Hmm unless you changed something in menuconf.tab only "R" should rotate the map... ???

Maybe that's one of the bugs of 100.0 - you might try a nightly version (e.g. 100.1 r2040) instead.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Hagablabah

prissi

There are some buildings (especially with pak128) that have broken rotations in several versions. During saving, simutrans will try to fix this but rotations until a valid rotation is found (according to the building description at least). To prevent creation of an industry which cannot be rotation in the wrong rotation (which would render the game unsaveable) it leave it in the "save" rotation. This is not a bug insofar, but rather a problem with a pak set. Try the latest nightly paksets, to avoid this.