News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Residential/Commerical buildings

Started by statto, October 06, 2008, 04:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

I'm not going to pretend I'm good at making buildings, but I've made some commercial and residential buildings for pak64 that someone might want to use alongside their default pak.

Enjoy

vilvoh

They're very good. Perhaps the last one is a bit dark. Do they have special night colors?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

statto

No night colors as I turn nighttime off, but they do have winter textures.

statto

I just downloaded Simutrans again - what do I have to do in order to get these buildings to the official pak64 repository?

Cheers

vilvoh

I'm one of the repository maintainers and in fact, I was going to include them but as I haven't hear anything from you since long time ago, I couldn't get the permission to add them to addons.simutrans.com.

Thus, give me some time to make several tests with the buildings and if everything is OK, I'll send you a A.S.C permission request in order to include the objects in the repository.

statto

prissi

Most of them have not the right height per floor (and some are strangely familar).

statto

I modeled one of them after SimCity 2000, but it's homemade. I don't expect it to be added. What is the height/floor ratio number? I'm willing to fix these if need be.

vilvoh

Prissi was faster than me. If possible, I would ask you to fix it. The ratio number is 7 pixels per floor.

statto

Vilvoh,

Just checked the models - the "glassy" short one (six-story commercial building) is 7px/floor. The rest are 6px/floor, and the SimCity-inspired one is 3px/floor, so we can throw that one out :)

The only one I don't think I can re-do, unfortunately, is the brick apartment building, which also happens to be my favorite. I'll see what I can do with the others and possibly just come up with new buildings for inclusion. You have my permission to use whatever I post on here - I'll license them under the GPLv3.

Let me know if you have any other hints/tips, I really do enjoy this game and would like to give back if I can.

Cheers

prissi

The brick apartment is probably also the best. However, I think I would sharpen it a bit. And you say you have the snowy version? Than this is defintively a candiate for inclusion (as building from that era are lacking.)

Frank

the background from building 0.0 ( left top ) is not correct

statto

Yep, the top left building is wrong here - but I have another version.

Here's the apartment, sharpened and unpacked.

vilvoh

I didn't want to open a new topic for this, so I'll post these new objects here. A commercial building (Bali hotel) and a residential building (Barskdale tower)

vilvoh

A set of parks for different climates.