News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Checkbox "no trees" in climate dialog

Started by whoami, August 05, 2010, 11:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

The checkbox "no trees" can be checked, but not unchecked. Restarting ST solves this.

But instead of fixing this glitch, I would prefer to be able to set the tree density (in % of the available space, i.e. not considering water/rivers, buildings etc.), because now there is only the choice between around 80% coverage (new map in Pak128) and a totally sterile map.

(EDIT: tested with ST r3618 Win-SDL)

Fabio

prissi

YOu can tune all those forest parameter in the setting dialoge under climates.

whoami

I can? (Checking again...) No, I can't, that dialog has the same settings controls as the climate dialog, including the "no trees" checkbox (although this one does not have the mentioned bug), but no forest_* parameters. These appear in simutrans/config/simuconf.tab (I installed the whole core package of this revision, plus r294 of pak64). Maybe the settings do not appear because of other simuconf.tab files that are also evaluated? Anyways, their non-appearance would be another buglet.

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

In a recent nightly below no trees there are several settings to fine tune forest.

whoami

Oops... Yes, for the second dialog, I had used a slightly older revision (because it was the newest on the other computer that I use). So please forget about the second bug, except that those parameters are not in the climate dialog yet - but I guess that this is quite redundant to the settings dialog.
About the parameters themselves - one needs to read additional documentation, because they are really not as simple as the proposed % value. As there is a preview for the map geometry, a preview for the tree distribution would help with changing the settings to useful values.

prissi

If there could have been something so simple as a percent value, we have put it into the simuconf.tab. Also how to interpret the percentage: Smaller forests or less forest? Sometime a single value is not enough.

And a preview is not really possible on a small map, since this is random and depends also on other objects placed before.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: prissi on August 06, 2010, 02:06:42 PM
In a recent nightly below no trees there are several settings to fine tune forest.

I think I"m missing something? I downloaded the latest nightly, and below "no trees" I only get river options.

VS

Not in climates dialog but in extended config... can't remember the name right now, it can be invoked from new world dialog.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

WOAH! I never noticed the "settings" button before. Wow!

I'll.... I'll be back in a while after I've played with that. :D