News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Detail financial dialogue

Started by Václav, August 10, 2010, 06:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Hi, I have this idea for financial dialogue - I would like to have choice to open subdialogue of financial budget where I could see:

maintenance cost divided into many categories - for example: roads, tracks (railways, maglevs, trams), electrification by type (trains, trams, trolleybuses, maglevs), high wires, bought buildings ... and so on.

income divided into many categories - for example: trains, trams, trolleybuses, maglevs, planes, high wires*

* - currently it has own line

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

skreyola

That would be cool, but I imagine it would increase overhead by quite a bit to keep all those streams separate.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

colonyan

It will be nice to have.
I thought there were no expenditure named overhead now.
If it didn't exist, it could be applied, and finally make HQ building give more meaning
by make them overhead, maintenance modifier(to lower).

skreyola

overhead = CPU/memory/swap space consumption
--Skreyola

colonyan

Václav

I think that it could be saved in any extra file - for example of xml type - because changes in maintenances and so on are not so frequent to file could be unsufficient way.

skreyola

Maintenance isn't as big a deal as income. Income is going to eat up a lot of CPU cycles to keep tallied by category, I'd think.
--Skreyola

Václav

Affair of income - hmm... it may be true.
But who says it cannot be done by any else way - or updated with month frequence?

wlindley

Code should only need to change from "income += income_from_this_vehicle" to "income[vehicle_type] += income_from_this_vehicle" and likewise for expenses ... that should take just about zero time... no?

skreyola

Quote from: wlindley on August 11, 2010, 08:41:46 PM
Code should only need to change from "income += income_from_this_vehicle" to "income[vehicle_type] += income_from_this_vehicle" and likewise for expenses ... that should take just about zero time... no?
Negligible time, perhaps. Negligible memory, maybe, maybe not, but more of an issue.
--Skreyola