News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Numbered waypoints

Started by sanna, August 19, 2010, 09:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

I would find it very helpful if the way points that constitute part of a schedule/line was numbered. The numbering should be local to the schedule/line and simply(?) show the order of the waypoint within the schedule/line, the first being waypoint 1 etc. This would help me locate where in schedules/lines that a problem has occurred for a blocked convoy without having to open up its schedule window - which sometimes will compound the problem (the train was about to be unblocked and leave, and opening its schedule freezes it in its tracks...)

Dwachs

You mean: including the number in the error message "train cannot find its way to waypoint number 43" ?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

sanna

Well that would be helpful as well, but I was primarily thinking of the vehicle dialogue itself, where the Destination is frequently shown only as Waypoint.

ӔO

I'm pretty sure that if you open up the map and enable "show schedules", the map will display all points, including waypoints, a line has. You have to highlight the line in the line management menu.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

sanna

Quote from: AEO on August 19, 2010, 09:54:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you open up the map and enable "show schedules", the map will display all points, including waypoints, a line has. You have to highlight the line in the line management menu.
Indeed it does that, and in that view there is a number (f ex (5) waypoint), but when looking at the vehicle info dialogue for a particular vehicle, it states only Waypoint as Destination.
I want to be able to know without stopping a train by opening it schedule towards _which_ way point that particular train is heading... If the Destination was (5) Waypoint instead of just Waypoint, I would ask for nothing more... (well... that might not be totally true *smile*)

prissi

Perhaps the destionation display should also get a goto button in the vehicle dialoge?

ӔO

Quote from: sanna on August 20, 2010, 07:13:24 AM
Indeed it does that, and in that view there is a number (f ex (5) waypoint), but when looking at the vehicle info dialogue for a particular vehicle, it states only Waypoint as Destination.

aha, gotcha. That does indeed sound like something that would be helpful
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: prissi on August 20, 2010, 12:03:26 PM
Perhaps the destionation display should also get a goto button in the vehicle dialoge?
This sounds useful to me.

skreyola

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 20, 2010, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: prissi on August 20, 2010, 12:03:26 PM
This sounds useful to me.
:support: It sounds very useful!
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.