News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

gift.physik.tu-berlin.de

Started by prissi, September 04, 2010, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

running on free-bsd with standard pak64 revision 310 without addons.

prissi

And please report any desyncs, if you find them connected to a certain action. (I am trikky transport).

Please, do not password the public player.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: prissi on September 04, 2010, 10:36:03 PM
And please report any desyncs, if you find them connected to a certain action.

I got desynched once, but I can't guess the reason for it. I was just moving (pan tool) the screen.

Once Simutrans Netgame doesn't have an in-game chat (or console command), the Simutrans Chat Channel will be useful for real-time feedback.

EDIT:

I pressed the Fast forward tool. Is this bad?

EDIT2: Sorry. I need to leave. My duties are calling for me.

jonasbb

Fast forward has no effect. At least in the current versions.

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Dwachs

Quote from: jonasbb on September 04, 2010, 11:32:01 PM
Fast forward has no effect. At least in the current versions.
This is intended. The same goes for map rotation. While it is useful for me, it might disturb the other players, if the map gets rotated (fastforwarded etc) without good reason.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jonasbb

Quote from: Dwachs on September 05, 2010, 12:21:34 PM
This is intended.
I know. My sentence was a answer to this question:
Quote from: IgorEliezer on September 04, 2010, 10:46:48 PM
I pressed the Fast forward tool. Is this bad?

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Since I changed the nightly to add two new tools, I need to update the server. However, since this is actually our server for the whole workgroup, I need to be caution and only supply well-working versions. Otherwise I would get into trouble ...

I think, it will be ready again tonight.

prissi

Server up and running. This time compiled with debug mode and new desyncs so far, even when founding cities.

Dwachs

prissi

No new desyncs, which is good news; but aparently the server crashed with any intervention (or was restarted), after all I am not admin on this machine.

Dwachs

Do you have a log file of the crash? Frank's  log files of server crashes looks like the server went in an infinite loop of sending and receiving data to/from itself.

prissi

No, this space on this server is very limited, thus no crashlog and no debug messages. MAybe the admin just killed it, since I have no priority here ...

prissi

The server is up and running again.

prissi

Due to stability issue, the server will be offline for some time.

prissi

prissi

Server has to be (physically) moved this weekend. Down.

prissi

Another testgame startet with r3879 and r321 pak64.

prissi

Game restarted with pak64 r325 and r3891 (today nightlies). Please test online gaming, as it will be otherwise not progress much.

How to join:
After you close the new world dialogue, just press 'n' and select a server from the list. Using the 'join' button you can join the game. Open the player dialogue and change to a player not yet claimed (i.e. with a greenh box). Click on the green box and set a password.

Play normally ...

Xelofino

Sorry but what is "pak64 r325" standing for?

Xelofino

P.S:i know i'm stupid

prissi

The release of the pak64 nightly used on the server. Download from nightlies.simutrans-germany.com

Xelofino

Joined successfully

Xelofino

After 2 minutes of gameplay it begins to lag that means half a minute for one command. After 5 minutes 2 minutes for a command. After 7 minutes : Not connected anymore

prissi

Not sure what happened. Also some player were able to send command that crahsed the server (i.e. start convois with no valid ids and other stuff). After two restarts the map was not readable any more.

Unfourtunately no system in those crashes so far :(

WHich system you are playing under?

Xelofino

Windows Vista

Franks Server with the little map is much better working at the moment. I have no crash but im have been playing for 20 minutes or longer.

Xelofino

edit:jetzt ist dein server auch viel schneller wie vor dem crash

prissi

Maybe the map was too big? This map is a little smaller.

If you are player 7, could you run more buses to Bremen harbour?

Xelofino

Hey

Im napik 128 and now your game is much better than before. I had no crash for 20 minutes!

@Trikky Transport@ : Would you also make one Station of Hagen open for all?

Xelofino

P.S:If it is not possible what i want to do just say me cause im new in the server game   Thanks  ;D

Today i had no crash for 35 minutes! In the evening the connection was perfect reaction time 2 sec!

prissi

Thank you all testers. The game was stable for me for over 2 hours.

I will add a new map (with much higher costs for alter land, so take care!) Better not alter land or removing trees ...

Xelofino

Joined Successfully and played for 20 minutes. Than a second client conected and i disconnected. I retried but it wrote me error massage and i tried again and the server didn't respond.

Xelofino

P.S: Cool map!

prissi

Server crashed, not sure why. RUnning again.

prissi

Sometime today morning server crashed. Not sure, why.

New, more challenging map (and also larger, again high land altering costs, no industry for initial financing).

vasigap

Hey , how I conect to the server ?I downloaded Nightly builds,in other topic said to press N and go to download list, but here dosnt have anything like this...I press N and go to help page
So I have the client, but dont know how to connect =\

An_dz

vasigap

Hey thanks, it works....but now I cant join the game...the button dosnt work, I think that is because of pak incompatible, i did the mismatch and found some diferences, where I can found the pak64 r325m ?