News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Installing addons for pak128.Japan

Started by Antonin, January 22, 2024, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonin

I have downloaded a number of addons for pak128.Japan and placed them in Documents\Simutrans\addons\pak128.japan. When I launch the game I click on the button to include addons, but when I start a new game, none of the new vehicles or building are in the game. I have started at 1990 and 1995. With those starting dates pak128.Japan has only one bus and one truck. There are only 6 factories: coal mine, coal power plant, liquor shop, rice paddy, rice storage and sake brewery.

The addons I have downloaded include JHSDF_factory_2004_pak (and the other JHSDF folders), JNRbus and htrkdk_7Eset.

I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

prissi

You can start a come without introduction years (no timeline) to see all vehicles. And for the industry buildings, they should appear in the editor unless goods are missing. Did you add charge vehicles for 0Auto and steel?

Antonin

Quote from: prissi on January 23, 2024, 03:15:33 AMYou can start a come without introduction years (no timeline) to see all vehicles. And for the industry buildings, they should appear in the editor unless goods are missing. Did you add charge vehicles for 0Auto and steel?

I was able to add the grain farm from the JHSDF series of pak files, and pak128.japan loads without crashing. But it is not clear from the JHSDF folders what vehicles are needed to move the grain, and what is done with the grain. Beer factory, maybe? And then the beer is sent to a beer hall? Beer factory and beer hall are included in the same JHSDF folder that has "grain" and "grain farm" pak files. But the JHSDF folders also include the good "flour." So it isn't clear what the grain is supposed to be used for.

It seems that in order to work, an entire industry chain has to be included in the addon. But none of the files I have downloaded contain an entire industry chain. They are usually just vehicles, and it is not clear which vehicles transport which products. Some of the vehicles and almost all of the readme files are in Japanese. About 40 years ago I could speak a little Japanese, but that was 40 years ago.

If anyone is still playing this pak, I would be very grateful if they would give some advice on what files to download and which ones belong together. I would like to add more industry to pak128.japan. I would also like to have rice sent to a market, instead of a restaurant.

From the jpegs I have seen there are some very beautiful trains and even trucks that people have been kind enough to create. I hope I can someday use them.