News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Random crashes: 8.2

Started by Brambo, September 21, 2010, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brambo

In my current game (exp 8.2, britain standard), I do get seemingly random crashes every now and then :(
I do use a very large map, but my system is very new and well-equiped.

James, you may find my game interesting to look at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=107ZX4MN

I must say playing it has been very enjoyable :) my 3 major annoyances during playing were:
1) city growth too fast
2) field sprawl (this is fixed now, right?)
3) Teleporting trains when leaving a station. Why is this happening? I think it may be pakbritain-specific.

All in all, it is still very enjoyable and the crashes are not a blocker. Thanks for making this game so great!

jamespetts

Brambo,

thank you very much for your report. I do not have time to investigate this evening, but I shall have a look when I get a chance. Field sprawl has indeed been fixed; town growth will be different in the next version of Pak128.Britain-Ex.

As to teleporting trains - you are the first to report this phenomenon. Can you elaborate on when it occurs? Is your attached saved game a scenario in which I can reproduce it?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

I think I've seen the teleporting trains before.
Unfortunately I don't have save game of it, but I believe one of my older save games, 1984, would have had it. It totally slipped my mind to report it.

The train would stop at a station, then when it heads off to its next destination it will jump several tiles and the carriage consist reverses, stalling the train until it finishes the loading and reversing time. Usually seemed to happen on quad tracks, but I've seen it happen on double tracks, and not at the end of the line.

it only seemed to happen with pax and mail trains. I didn't quite play the game out with anything other than steam.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

waerth

I have seen this teleporting happen to.

W

6OPMEHTAJIb

I saw the crashes, when put in the config file "0 = distributed approach (default)", with "1 = centralised approach" all is well.

jamespetts

I can't reproduce this in the 9.x branch, I'm afraid, after fast-forwarding and leaving it for well over an hour. There were some crash bugs fixed between 8.2 and 9.x, so it may well have been fixed by now. Thank you for the report :-)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Can I assume that this is now fixed in 9.0, or are others having any furhter occurrences?