News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Czech Republic (pak128)

Started by Mark Swabinski, October 01, 2010, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Swabinski

Hi!

This is the first version of Real Map of Czech Republic. It contains 831 towns, cities and city parts. For next version, I'll add the industry and cultural sightseens. It requires only actual Simutrans.

Save game (Czech fileserver) - http://uloz.to/6015309/bingczechrepublic.sve
Save game (MegaUpload) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9XP3INFM

Screenshots - http://cid-4636d6cbc54aec62.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Ve%c5%99ejn%c3%a9/Simutrans

AvG

I thought let's have a look at this, because 831 towna seems a lot.
The screenshots shows a lot, but to small to distinguish items.
So I tried to download; the site however is complete Czech and to difficult for me to follow directions.
Probably not possible to use with Exp.
Is there a starting date?
AvG

Edit: Pls tell how you have made it?
Ad van Gerwen

Mark Swabinski

I added MegaUpload - that's in English. I'll make better screenshots, they will be at the same link.

Starting date - May 1931, it works with Simutrans Experimental (just tested), but it uses regular pak128.

And it's not hard to make - I had on-line map of Czech Republic in one window, Simutrans in other and measuring...

Combuijs

It may not be hard work, but it's certainly a lot! Well done, I will try this one, when I have time!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

AvG

I succeeded now in downloading your map.
Just beautifull.
Can you guess how many hours you needed (roughly) ??
I would like to use it, but the starting date and starting money are not what I want. I want 1-1-1750 and only 10000 Cr.
Do you know a method to change this map according my wishes?
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

Mark Swabinski

I'm glad you like it.

It took one and half month, I guess it's 30-40 hours.

And to second question, I have no idea with time, it's just a regular save game. If you wanna less money, spend some :)

AvG

I was hoping you had a quicker way invented.
It is a pity that the result is now a beautifull map, but only useable in one era.
We should have a stripped simutrans.exe with only edit-functionality for those variables that can not be adapted with the upcoming dialog-tool (starting date, starting money)
That way it would be feaseable to use such a map as a scenario-start in every year with every starting money.
It could also be a nice addition for the Simutrans-maps section.
But we would need a volunteer for the exe-file.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

Combuijs

QuoteIt could also be a nice addition for the Simutrans-maps section.

The sizes of savegames (this one is 23 MB) is way too big to be put on the maps website. The webspace is kindly provided by Hellmade for free, but there are certain limitations in the amount of space I can use.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

AvG

OK, understandable.
Maybe someone should have a look at the way Simutrans is saving. The .sve-files are indeed incredible large.
What about the rest of the idea? (.exe)
I think that it is not only me who like to play on a recogniseable environment. For me it just adds to the fun and on a big map it helps to orientation.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen