News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

pak.german-exp is now available for download

Started by mopoona, October 02, 2010, 09:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopoona

I did find my error, I downloaded Simutrans Complete with Version 6.6....
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

I shall have to get around to updating that soon...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

quarks

102.3 experimental 9.2 with pak.german-exp.20382

new map with timeline off and starting year 1. i started to build me passenger transport network in a few towns. after a few years the capacity of my buses was exhausted and i bought bigger buses. this buses where heavier than the road could handle. well, quickly a new roadsurface (gravel road) over the city dirtroad and everthing is fine (well speed limit stayes at 50kmh, to get speedlimit of new road you need to remove the old one and build a complete new one) until the city starts to grow and builds new roads or replaces the old ones. the new roads are always dirt roads (until 1892 when cobblestone road is available) and will replace every other road even if the road is better. it is really annoying because everything with to much tonnage just states "no route" and stops.
i accept that the speedlimit is set to 50kmh in cities but why do the cities "downgrade" existing roads? i would prefer when the city just takes over the road and introduces that general 50kmh speedlimit but the tonnage stays the same.
well, dont know if someone else had similar experiences or if this is just me. i changed the simuconf so the city can only build the latest city roads but i think it would be better if roads cant be downgraded (at least not the tonnage).

Have a nice day

chs

102.3 experimental 9.2 with pak.german-exp.20382

Trying to start a server, I get

FATAL ERROR
dingliste_t::laden()
during loading: unknown
object type -104

Means no multiplayer games with pak german.

mopoona

I tried multiplayer before and it worked. Did you use the same pak on both server and client?

chs

yes.
The client works normally.
I get the error above when starting the server, I do not even get to the point where I could set up a game.

jamespetts

Simutrans-Experimental 9.2 has a number of network related bugs which will be fixed in the next release, 9.3, which has been tested and works stably. 9.3 will be released within the next week or so. I have tested 9.3 (the sources of which are available on Github) with Pak.German-Exp.20382, and it appears to work correctly.

However, the error described by chs can be caused by the command line string used to run the server. If the server is run with "simutrans -load somefilename" and "somefilename" happens to be a game saved with a pakset other than Pak.German-Exp.20382, then this error might result.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hi

Some news about this project?
In the German forum I have seen several posts about it and did not really understand what agreements have taken ...

Giuseppe

mopoona

Prissi will maintain the standard pak.german, while I'm in charge of the SE-version. There won't be new versions of the pak.german-exp unless there is a bigger interest or new SE-features are available that really demand an update.

Milko

Hi Mopoona

Take a look at this possibility (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7958.msg75840#msg75840), if you need any of my models to enrich the "pak Ger exp" ask me no problems.  :)

Giuseppe

Lions_Mazze

Hello altogether!

I played simutrans years ago, and I wanted now to start again playing with big networks, and SE sounded much improved with all the routing things and that.

But I was not that happy with Pak128.Britain-Ex, and I would very much like to play pak64.german-ex with the kind of great balancing of the standard-pakset's version.

So, mopoona, I think it would be great to have a new improved version, maybe not because of all possible features, but for having a great balanced system with Germany's interesting public transport systems.

Thank you so far for the great work, and have a nice day,

Mazze

mopoona

There will be a new version this year with heavy usage of some new experimental features, like monthly costs. Unfortunately I won't have time until April to work on it. So I hope Pak.128.Britian and the current pak.german-exp will be ok for you in the meantime.

jamespetts

I shall look forward to this new version, whenever it might come!

Lions_Mazze

Hello together!

Yes, I am playing the last couple of days (being ill and having much time) with the pak64-german.exp, and I like it very much. Because I live in Austria, I am very happy with the structure of the available transportation options, now in 1978.

What I observed is that many things work very well, and seem to make much sense. The things that I found imperfect right now are:

* I am not able to make any profit with fully occupied ferries (I only tried passengers over longer distances)
* There is no ship for carrying letters available
* It is not easy to gain money from local transportation inside a city
* It is very easy to gain money from using planes
* There is no official way to carry letters with some tramway (I just build a "normal" train depot and use very short trains)
* Per default, there is way too much private car traffic in big cities for my buses to get through -- and even with all the signs, sometimes they were completely stuck and never moving again

Furthermore, I would propose a feature for planes: They should have restrictions on how far they can fly, because only then it makes sense to use some not as efficient planes just because they can fly further without any stop.
And maybe planes should have to wait longer in a stop to unboard and board and get fueled, compared to trains; the factor in stop time between the two is about 10 times longer for the plane in reality.

Besides that, I really think there has been quite some improvement with many things and I appreciate most of the SE features, even if not all of them.

Thank you, guys, and have a good time!

Greetings,

Lions_Mazze

paco_m

Quote from: Lions_Mazze on January 31, 2012, 03:00:32 PM
* I am not able to make any profit with fully occupied ferries (I only tried passengers over longer distances)
This is a known problem of pak.german and intention of the pakset developers:
http://www.simutrans-forum.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=6037
(as you live in Austria I suppose that you speak german)