News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Idea: To slow

Started by waerth, October 27, 2010, 10:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

I am playing the game at the moment. And am frustrated by the "to slow" people.

Would it be possible to make a button where you can see which destinations people wanted to go to, but were considered to slow?

Right now with 200 stops it is kinda guessing.

W

jamespetts

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I'll have to bear that in mind for the version after next, as the next version I am preparing for release and it is a bit too late for any new features.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

Any time in the coming year or so is fine ;)

mopoona

The game does keep track of all journey times as I understand. Wouldn't it be possibile to make a map for each station showing journey times by color smiliar to the map that shows the targets of all passengers in a city? This would be implemented without new cpu load and the player would still have some degree of vagueness.
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

It would be possible indeed, but all developer time is currently saturated trying to make Simutrans-Experimental work over a network :-) If anyone would like to volunteer to program this, however, it may well be included.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello

I also have the same problem waerth, I hope that in future there is time to build this extension.  :)

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Actually, something similar to this is already implemented, and has been sine 9.3 - use the minimap and the "passenger destinations" display on the legend. Coloured dots will appear on the map when you click on a town hall. Those represent destinations of passengers whose origin is somewhere in the town of the town hall on which you have clicked. In Standard, there are only two colours: yellow (reached destination successfully) and orange (did not reach destination successfully). In Experimental, those colours are retained (with orange representing only "no route" passengers), and pink is added for passengers for whom the destination is not reachable within their journey time tolerance (i.e., "too slow"), teal for passengers who reach their destination by private car, and red for passengers who would be able to get to their destination but for the fact that the origin stop is either overcrowded or the passengers have to wait too long at it.