News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

CarGoTram (Freight Trams)

Started by Freewayman, November 14, 2010, 09:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freewayman

I have noticed that there are no freight vehicles for the tram gauge.
This is the CarGoTram freight emu, used to transport parts to and from the Volkswagen factory in Dresden. Real-life pictures are found here ---->http://rune-feldt.se/cargotram/index.htm.
This is the version I made, and most of its stats are based on real-life figures (50km/h speed, 90t and 990 power for 7-car emu). I have only made trams that can carry mail and pieced goods for now, although i will take requests for more cargo types.
There are two pak files in the package. 1 is the mail vehicle, and 2 is the pieced goods vehicle.

gauthier

It's a very interesting idea, moreover your made it nicely ;)
The only drawback is the power, your tram reach its max speed too fast, you should lower its power.

Freewayman

it is intended for 7 car operation
Also i did not make up the numbers, those are the real life numbers

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Freewayman on November 15, 2010, 11:49:24 PM
Also i did not make up the numbers, those are the real life numbers

That's where gear comes into play in Simutrans. You can keep the real power settings (kW) and still adjust the in-game behaviour.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

gauthier

game power = power * gear
so you can use a gear lower than 1.

Václav

Good idea, good graphics - but one small bug in constraints.

Freewayman, you set that only mail or freight unit can be assembled - but current constraints allow to assemble unit what cannot move - because they would not have any power - what is located in the last (tail) car.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

greenling

Hallo the Cargotram have following formation:
Head with Motor and panth.-Car without m.-Car with m.-Car without m.-Head mit Motor without panth..
Info to the technology.
The cargotram it´s be build out parts from old Tatratrams,the be hate work in Dresden as tram.
The cargotram use litle bit more power than three old Tatratrams.
Freewayman thank´s for your modell!

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!