News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Obsolete Way Types

Started by TygerFish, December 05, 2010, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TygerFish

Some paks specify that a way type should become obsolete after a certain date.  If you want to change /only/ this behavior, there is currently no way to do it short of modifying the pak files.  If you turn off the timeline switch, it allows you to use all way types at any date, and also disables vehicle obsolescence.

Suggestion: implement a switch in the simuconf.tab file called obsolete_way_types with 1 and 0 as valid options.  Default (current behavior) is 1.  If set to 0, way types' "available until" dates will be ignored while timeline is on, so that they will not appear before the specified date (so you can't build high speed rail lines in 1830) but will not disappear after they have become available (so you can build primitive, cheap rails in 2000).  This would give more flexibility to let the player choose how to play a given pak.

From here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6317

prissi

You can modify the menuconf.tab, and add a command to buy these ways using a key.

TygerFish

Quote from: prissi on December 05, 2010, 10:12:23 PM
You can modify the menuconf.tab, and add a command to buy these ways using a key.
After reading here (http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_menuconf_tab&machine_translate_to_lang=&no_bl=y) I still can't figure out what to put in...

The parameters for ways(a,b) only allow you to specify the category; it looks like the game decides that part in the code.

I see where the 't' key, for example, is bound in the rail menu, but that just points to default_way_type, which I assume is also assigned programatically...

Is there a particular menu item/parameter I'd have to pass in to ordinally select a specific way type?

prissi

You can specify any way, if you type the name it has in the pak file.

it needs to be ()assuming you want to tie the X key to the wooden_sleeper
toolbar[...]=general_tool[14],,X,wooden_sleeper