News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Road terminals and capacity

Started by jamespetts, December 22, 2010, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A thought has just occurred to me: a through type road stop has a simultaneous capacity of two vehicles (assuming a one-tile stop): one in each direction. A terminal has half this capacity, as the outward direction stopping point is never used. Would it be possible to set it so that the capacity is doubled in this way: vehicles go into the terminal, turn around, then stop on the outward bound way. If a vehicle is already stopped on the outward bound way, however, the vehicle will stop instead (as they do now) on the inward bound way. This would not only be more convenient to players, but also more realistic.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

I second the motion.  Particularly for the ability to have both a bus and a mail wagon to waiting at the same time.

prissi

This makes indeed sense. It would also put the vehicles straight on such stops.

skreyola

I think tractor trailers especially, but also other types of vehicles, should back into loading bays, and agree that they should double up. This would help a lot for early game profitability, too.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.