News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Full documentation of SE features

Started by mopoona, December 25, 2010, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopoona

I am missing a full documentation of all new SE functions, such as the new map creator. It would be nice to have (at least) a collection of links to threads in the forum.

As for the map creator, I'm not very happy about it, a city with 250.000 inhabitants needs way to much space (about 256x256 tiles = 64x64 km). 15x15 km would be better, but I cannot produce this with the new map generator.
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

Mopoona,

ahh, thank you for reminding me about that: I had forgotten to add reference in the list of features to the new map generation function. As to cities with 250,000 inhabitants; I do not think that Simutrans city populations are intended to be accurately calibrated to real life city populations, which might explain the discrepancy. It might well be possible with pakset tuning to make them match, however, although I have not tested that. What you'd have to do is increase the density of all city buildings and reduce the passenger factor accordingly. If you do attempt to get them calibrated, let me know how you get on with that; I'd be very interested in knowing how that turns out!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

mopoona

What does the passenger factor do? Is (passenger factor * passenger level) the number of passengers created in a building per month?.
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

Passenger factor is not unique to Experimental: it is a factor that can be used to adjust the overall number of passengers produced. It works by modifying the passenger level values set by the buildings. 16 is the default passenger factor: at 16, the passenger levels written in the .dat files will be precisely those used in the game. At lower than 16, the passenger levels of buildings will be uniformly less than that specified in the .dat file, and at higher than 16, the passenger levels will be uniformly higher. I am afraid that I don't know the precise mathematical relationship between the two.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

inkelyad

Quote from: jamespetts
I had forgotten to add reference in the list of features to the new map generation function.
There is list(cityrules.tab):
renovation_percentage
renovations_count (default=1) -- how many buildings will be renovated in one step.
renovations_try (default=3) -- How many attempts we will do to find them. It is mostly infinite loop guard.

But it will not work if there is no high-level buildings for specified time period in pakset.

jamespetts

The documentation has now been updated.