News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

64.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, January 02, 2011, 01:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

I've implemented an auto-restart script to try and keep the server up, since this latest "stable" version seems to crash more often.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

jamespetts

I have found such scripts to be very useful indeed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Fifty

Nice to have an auto restart feature, but seems to have failed: both 64 and 128 have been inaccessible for days even though they appear to be online per the listing server. Can you please restart?
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Dwachs

Would it be possible to start one of the servers with a recent nightly version? As a test, whether all the code changes in the last week cured the server crashes (at least to some extent).

As bonus you will get this:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9227.0
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fifty

Might be nice! And if fixed perhaps a new stable should be released.

Server was up for a little bit today, and then crashed again  ::( . 128 seems to still be up, at least for now.

Ashley

It seems like sometimes when the server starts up it doesn't actually begin running properly. The restart script is restarting it, but the server isn't actually responding...

I'll switch the 64 one to a nightly at some point this weekend, and see if that helps. I'll also have to try and work out why it fails to start up properly sometimes.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Dwachs

When debugging simutrans server, I got some system error messages that the server could not start, if I started server shortly after its predecessor was shut down. It seems that system resources have a delay when freeing.

Ashley

It looks like when it crashes and is restarted it isn't listening on the correct interface. And it was looking like it was working because it was listening on localhost (to which I was connecting using nettool/simquery.py) and not on the external interface.

I might add some code which causes the game to quit with an error if it's unable to listen on all the interfaces you specify in the configuration. It shouldn't silently run in this situation.

Edit: Patch here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9311.0

Fifty

Seems to crash immediately upon joining now. It loads the map, and boom -- I immediately get the desync message and the server is down for a minute. On the bright side, seems to reliably restart now...

Bug on closure fixed in r5344 seems to also affect netgaming -- 2 clients cannot connect at the same time because the map won't destroy. Maybe tonight's nightly will be a little more stable.

Ashley

Yes if anything this version is less stable than the last stable. I'll try upgrading to a newer nightly version.

Thanwer

The server is more stable now, but I noticed the public player and spec are not locked :o

jjatca

Strange, I also noticed that all players are unlocked

Dwachs

ups there is a bug, which prevents passwords to be saved across server sessions, upon restarting server the passwords are lost :/

Ashley

I'm writing a patch to add functions to nettool to let you change player passwords and names (as well as to delete a player, and query a list of current players). Will be useful to be able to change this stuff without needing to log into the game.

Thanwer

For some reason I cant build tracks and change convois anymore, looks like its not obeying mouse clicks :o
maybe I'm using wrong version of simutrans/pakset? I'm using simutrans v111.2 r5382 with pak64-797

Dwachs

Quote from: Thanwer on February 21, 2012, 03:11:48 PM
For some reason I cant build tracks and change convois anymore, looks like its not obeying mouse clicks :o
maybe I'm using wrong version of simutrans/pakset? I'm using simutrans v111.2 r5382 with pak64-797
Sounds like the server does not allow you to build anything anymore :/  Does restarting & rejoining fix it?

Edit: the server is also reporting that the paksets are different.

Thanwer

I tried to join in another rig, using same packages for linux64 but the problem stays the same...
possibly a bug in this nightly, need someone else to verify...

Fifty

Works fine for me. You need pak 64 r743, the standard 111.1 release, not the latest nightly and r5382. Of course, that may change soon if/when timothy tests a new nightly.

Thanwer

I'm not sure what caused those errors, trying diferent combinations of paksets and updating the system.... its working now... ty for the help

Ashley

I'll try to find time to update the nightly version soon. Been really busy coding :)

Ashley

Server restarted with the new stable (111.2.1) and pak64 (111.2). Also using a new version of the tropical islands map by Fifty.

derajjared

like you to join wing starting ago asking me password?

Ashley

I've just taken a look at this map, and the level of development is really something to behold...