News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, January 02, 2011, 01:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

This server has now been retired, and replaced with a.128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Last running Simutrans stable 111.2.2 (r5583) with pak128 2.1.

Previous savegames can be found here, listed by the date when the server was shut down:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server/sim128/archive/
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Maragil

HUZZAH!

Edit: Timothy, does this use openPak128, from the nightly? Just want to check.

H./

werl

can you upload or give me a link to the pak set because I always have a non compatable pak set and I have downloaded the releace, please help!!!
C:\dos
C:\dos\run
run\dos\run

IgorEliezer

Tip: every time you want to find out an updated download for Simutrans, there are two links to look in:

1) The most recent official releases of paksets and Simutrans engine can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/

2) The most recent testing releases of paksets and Simutrans engine can be found here: http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/

Granted. There are 99% of chances that you'll always have a compatible Simutrans for anything.

@werl: Try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/pak128/pak128%20for%20102-2-2/

Ashley

The pakset in question is this one (openpak128 revision 1124):

http://simutrans-germany.com/stn/Download.php?d=1540

For compatibility you need Simutrans revision 4114, which unfortunately I can no longer find a link to on the nightlies site. I am going to update the version of Simutrans running on the server fairly soon though.

I'll post details of the revision running in future (with download links so you can be sure you're getting the right thing).
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

werl

Ok, just need you update the nightly build. One suggestion, a map without trees is much preferable because it lowers building costs and save/load times.

So far so good.
run\dos\run

Ashley

I'll try a map without trees next time then :)

rapheous

Hi, trying to connect, but can't find v1124 of openpak128 anymore?  :-[

Ashley

Oh, the nightly site only keeps the last version. I'll have to think about caching the necessary files on my own server for download in future when I upgrade it.

For now you can get that version here:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/simupakopen128-1124.zip

rapheous

Success  ;D

Have had a few disconnections whilst messing about. Initially there was a lot of lag - hence why several companies now created. Otherwise I'm merrily creating stuff

merged multipost -- VS

werl

Good map.

Is it just ke, or the game updates with the arrival of the new year?

merged multipost -- VS
run\dos\run

Ashley

werl

For me, when I build or buy something it seems that I have to wait a long time. It looks like the game updates when January of the next year arrives or when you log on.

I would like to point out that I use a Mac and that might be causing some of the problems.
run\dos\run

Ashley

Ah, I was having similar issues trying to play with the mac version too. Still some issues with it (I must write a bug report). I have mostly been playing using the windows version via vmware. Do please post a bug report about this though :)

werl

I shall.

@Timothy- are you playing on this server?

merged multipost -- VS
run\dos\run

Ashley

Not at the moment, I've mostly been playing on the pak.Britain one.

werl

The only thing that pak.britten has over 128 is the maglevs.

How do I connect via IPv6?

Darn, server is busy.  ::( ::(

merged multipost -- VS
run\dos\run

rapheous

Quote from: werl on January 18, 2011, 10:50:55 PM
For me, when I build or buy something it seems that I have to wait a long time. It looks like the game updates when January of the next year arrives or when you log on.

I would like to point out that I use a Mac and that might be causing some of the problems.

I've been seeing this as well - playing on Win 7 though. Also sometimes get disconnected when starting a new vehicle - haven't managed to work out what the cause is yet.

VS

:police: mod note - I merged a few multiposts... please do try to follow the rules :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Server is busy mean Server need restart most of the times.

werl

Thanks VS, the other forum I'm on only allows 1 minute to modify posts.

I fixed this issue by running win XP.
run\dos\run

Ashley

FYI I will be upgrading the server this evening and starting a fresh map. I'll post a link to the savegame for the old map in case anyone wants to keep it.

werl

run\dos\run

Ashley

Server has been upgraded, see first topic for details. The previous map can be downloaded from here if you wish to keep playing :)

<See first topic for old savegames>

werl

Where do you put the file to load it? I can't find it in the load screen.
run\dos\run

An_dz

Don't know where is it on MAC but it's somethings like Documents\Simutrans\save

paco_m

on linux systems it is in $HOME/simutrans/save

prissi

Library/Documents or so, since a few revisions. (Was changed on request of users)

Ashley

It appears the server crashed earlier today, here's the end of the log file:

Jan 22 01:29:46 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: command:#011id=32 init=1 defpar=Right now 0 clients are connected. flag=4
Jan 22 06:46:03 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 09:06:05 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 10:36:36 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 10:44:55 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 14:12:44 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 14:12:50 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_check_activity():#011received cmd id=2 nwc_join_t from socket[6]
Jan 22 14:12:50 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: network_world_command_t::execute:#011do_command 3 at sync_step 3570596 world now at 3570595
Jan 22 14:12:50 pulsar sim128[10787]: Warning: nwc_sync_t::do_command:#011sync_steps 3570596
Jan 22 14:12:55 pulsar sim128[10787]: ERROR: fahrplan_t::rdwr():#011aktuell 0 >count 0 => aktuell = 0
Jan 22 14:12:55 pulsar sim128[10787]: Please report all errors to
Jan 22 14:12:55 pulsar sim128[10787]: team@64.simutrans.com

I have restarted it now.

Dwachs

looks like crash during save or reload  ???
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ashley

I will be restarting the map with a new game version this weekend, old save will be posted here as usual.

Edit:

Map is now restarted, see first post for details.

Edit:

Map restarted again with the 110.0 stable. I am going to keep the same version of the pakset (pak128.open.r1148) since the current "stable" pak128 is very out-of-date.

Edit:

Restarted map (same map for now).

janika600(hun)

Quote from: Timothy on January 02, 2011, 01:19:57 AM
I have created a new pak128 server, please enjoy playing on it :)

Currently running r4269 with openpak128 nightly.

Download the pak needed here:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/simupakopen128-1148.zip

This server is accessible via both IPv4 and IPv6.

Screenshot of the map:

Previous savegames can be found here, listed by the date when the server was shut down:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/networksavegames/sim128/
i have mismatch:

i get the pak128 1.4.6, the open pak, and the nightly, too.

Ashley

Sorry I forgot to update the details, it's running the 110.0 stable now (r4303)

janika600(hun)

Quote from: Timothy on March 05, 2011, 10:34:58 AM
Sorry I forgot to update the details, it's running the 110.0 stable now (r4303)

at me that mismatch, too. how can i join? i have all what needed (or need to remove the mismatch pak files?)

Ashley

Try setting up a completely new simutrans folder with only the pakset from the link above installed. It's always best to just use a clean install of Simutrans for multiplayer games as it avoids the mismatch issue.