News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Stops Are Not Working

Started by TheMachineguy, January 03, 2011, 10:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMachineguy

I used other versions of simutrans and when i try the latest version and play pak128, the stops are not filling up with passengers. I tried transportation by road, rail, and tram, they don't work for me.

Is there a way to fix this?

Zeno

Passengers must have a route to their destination. If not, they will not go to the station just for a walk, you know. Try connecting two near townhalls by bus, which should be cheap and effective. And don't forget to take in account the station's catch area, and station type. Btw, which version is "the latest"? ;)

TheMachineguy

Quote from: Zeno on January 03, 2011, 11:18:07 AM
Passengers must have a route to their destination.
The stations are routed to stations, a townhall, and a nearby tourist attraction, connected by a bus and that status color bar stayed yellow.(no service and nothing waiting)

And don't forget to take in account the station's catch area, and station type.
The buildings are in the stations catch area, the station type is a small starter kind of bus stop.

Btw, which version is "the latest"?
I am using Simutrans version 102.2.2(Not the Nightlies or Experimentals)

prissi

The more towns are on this map, the smaller is the number of passengers actually going on a small route. Start with a small map 128x128 and 4 towns will generate more passengers.

TheMachineguy

Quote from: prissi on January 03, 2011, 01:25:30 PM
The more towns are on this map, the smaller is the number of passengers actually going on a small route. Start with a small map 128x128 and 4 towns will generate more passengers.
The map size is 512x512 with 3 towns, 454 tourist attractions, and 398 factories. The only transportation that is working are goods from factory to factory, and small amount of passengers to factories and tourist attractions that has a big passenger level and is not near the city limits.

Btw, in pak128.Britain the map size is 768x768 with 70 cities and uncounted factories and tourist attractions, and passenger transportation is working good by bus and rail.(average operational profit = 12000, maintenance per month = 2568)

prissi

SInce all passengers are shared between 454 attractions and only 16% of all travelers are tourist, you should focus on town to town transport. Also factories are usually only connected to one or two towns and a such more populated.

TheMachineguy

Quote from: prissi on January 04, 2011, 09:54:24 AM
SInce all passengers are shared between 454 attractions and only 16% of all travelers are tourist, you should focus on town to town transport. Also factories are usually only connected to one or two towns and a such more populated.
Ok, I will just try that.