News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Pak128 - latest changes

Started by Zeno, January 18, 2011, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

There has been some activity on second half of 2010, which I will try to summarize in this post to let you all know about these changes in the pakset.
As probably you all know, the pak is involved in a process which will lead to achieving the open source status; this process mostly affects game objects, some of which were copyrighted and have to be replaced with free ones. Since september 2010 there have been the following changes in the pakset:

• Added some new trucks and trailers, by Martin
  • Updated configuration file (simuconf.tab), by DirrrtyDirk
  • Updated menu definition file (menuconf.tab), by DirrrtyDirk
  • Several graphic fixes and updates (lights, player colors), by DirrrtyDirk
  • Milk and Oil wagon set, by VS/Zeno
  • Added small set of underground trains (TMB), by VS/Zeno
  • Full new set of ships, replacing most of the existent ones, by VS/Zeno
  • Replaced some diesel locos with new player color graphics, by VS/Zeno
  • Replaced some airplanes with new player color graphics & added some new models, by VS/Zeno
  • Added small set of low power diesel locos, by VS/Zeno
  • Fixed and updated compatibility packs, by VS
  • Added several "placeholdered" objects to game (post offices), by VS
  • Tons and tons of maintenance work and other small but important details, here & there, by VS

I encourage you to begin testing and/or enjoying all these stuff in the latest nightly versions.
Please, report all your impressions, suggestions and bugs found in this topic.

Special thanks to:
All contributors, not only for the last changes but for the large amount of work done before.
All the guys that spotted and reported bugs and issues ;-)
VS, the mantainer, for the invisible (but essential) work.

VS

Well, this topic has a reasonable name... so let's put here a few screenshots? These are drafts for a system for constructing facilities, mainly focusing on getting the base tiles right atm. Please consider this as just a draft. Zeno had a topic with similar things somewhere, so that is more or less the same project, or rather convergent work...

http://128.simutrans.com/transfer/screenshot.png

http://128.simutrans.com/transfer/sshot2.png

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

Could you tell me age of appearence of warehouse of size 2*2? If I am not wrong, both warehouses were made and published at the same time - but I have in game only warehouse of size 1*1 - in year 2038 - with nightly 1150.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

The big one (2x2) was finally added in nightly 1171, last saturday.

Václav

Zeno

I did not use any platform under it at render time, so it had to be added afterwards, thus the delay.

VS

Replacement for car truck... please comment if you see any horrible blunders?

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/__cartrucknew.png

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

More things added to the openpak, which seems it's aproaching its free status:

• Added forgotten rail bridge(VS/Raven)
  • Added heavy diesel loco set (VS/Zeno)
  • Added Spanish Talgo locomotive+cars (VS/Zeno)
  • Added a modern hydrogen bus (VS/Zeno)
  • Replaced grain wagons with new cars/closed hoppers (VS/Zeno)
  • Added new EMU & DMU sets (VS/Zeno)
  • Made a lot of maintenance work (VS)

Lmallet

Quote from: Zeno on March 07, 2011, 08:03:44 PM
The big one (2x2) was finally added in nightly 1171, last saturday.
The latest version on the nightly page is 1150.  Is that intended, or am I not looking at the right place?

Zeno

The SVN server was moved and the script does not go to the right place, thus no nightlies. I'm sorry I don't know if this will be fixed on the open source move or before.

Václav

... aha ... thanks for info ... I wondered why no new nightly is available for so long time.