News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

MetroCable, a new suggestion!

Started by diegoviagens, January 27, 2011, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diegoviagens

Hello everybody okay?
I come here to bring a sense of transport could be
the concept that great simutrans who know how to create and
are willing to enable that.

This is the MetroCable, via a transport system
cables would be very interesting to cities that are
saturated or that has many hills and slopes and
mountains

and then what do you think of my idea? I know that ideas have emerged within this same forum but did not elaborate on the discussions.
Let's start a serious debate about it!
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

IgorEliezer

MetroCable is a, say, trade mark for cable car in Medellín and Caracas.

Just of curiosity: Cable car in Rio de Janeiro

vilvoh

It has been already made diegoviagens. It can be implemented as a elevated monorail and the download must be somewhere at the simutrans japanese site or at the old forum.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Václav

Quote from: vilvoh on January 28, 2011, 08:56:40 AM
download must be somewhere at the simutrans japanese site or at the old forum.
Extracting from pak128.Japan is better. But I don't remember exact name. I wanted to paint new version (because one present in pak128.Japan has few graphical insufficiencies) - but currently I have hands full of work on something else.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

diegoviagens

interesting, but it would be more interesting
we discuss new forms of transport.
thanks

paco_m

Quote from: vilvoh on January 28, 2011, 08:56:40 AM
It has been already made diegoviagens. It can be implemented as a elevated monorail and the download must be somewhere at the simutrans japanese site or at the old forum.

However defining a cable car as a kind of elevated railway is not reflecting a cablecars behaviour.
1) Cablecars don't have curves, they have to go only straight.
2) Cablecars don't need a flat ground
3) Cablecars are not affected by slopes (decreasing speed when they go up or increasing when going down)
In my opinion this would be the three basic points to implement cablecars and at the moment there is no kind of track providing this functionality in Simutrans.

diegoviagens

this is just my thinking or the MetroCable
chairlift. Therefore perceived as nothing in particular
simutrans here on the subject.
I think in my opinion it would be interesting to create this environment
transport

vilvoh

Well, you can be extremely realistic paco_m, but graphically is possible. The rest depends on the dat attributes.

Quote from: paco_m on January 28, 2011, 02:27:23 PM

You can draw straight diagonal tracks, with out ground. At the japanese site you have examples of suspended monorails.

3) Cablecars are not affected by slopes (decreasing speed when they go up or increasing when going down)
In my opinion this would be the three basic points to implement cablecars and at the moment there is no kind of track providing this functionality in Simutrans.

That's a good point, but I think you can balance it using power and gear.

Btw, the link to the cable car: http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/02074.0/index.html

Václav

Quote from: vilvoh on January 28, 2011, 05:09:14 PM
At the japanese site you have examples of suspended monorails.
At japanese.simutrans.com are some suspended vehicles, but not any track - or I am totally blind - in case of pak128. For pak64 there are many tracks and also one suspension track.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

raz444

Quote from: vilvoh on January 28, 2011, 05:09:14 PM
Btw, the link to the cable car: http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/02074.0/index.html
sorry not sure how to quote you properly but this link is to the ropeway discussion which has no pak file i have the cable car working but would love to know if the pak exists as i have my cable car running on top of a fence atm. BTW i love ya work Vilvoh.
All I need to get is simulation.

vilvoh

The downloadable pak files are in another thread mentioned right there, raz444... http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/02010.0/index.html (at the 6th post)

skreyola

However defining a cable car as a kind of elevated railway is not reflecting a cablecars behaviour.
Those are good points. I think this has potential as a new waytype. The way would have posts (and anchors) and bridges that wouldn't be affected by slopes (i.e., they'd follow the terrain until they found another post (need an algorithm to check for intervening hills). Not sure how useful this would be in game, unless it was expensive-to-build-but-almost-free-to-run, in which case it'd be useful for those places where you need a branch bus line but don't have enough traffic to make it worthwhile... I'm eager to hear the thoughts of others on this.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

raz444

yes the paks for the cable cars and stations are ther but not the ropeway or any other way.
All I need to get is simulation.

wlindley

paco_m

Here a picture of one that is still in use

source: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_deutschen_Luftseilbahnen#Materialseilbahnen

I know several in the alps for stone, timber and agriculture transportation. Cablecars for passengers are mostly used in tourism (ski ressorts) but in Suisse there are some villages that you can only reach by cablecars (or walking  ;D )

diegoviagens

wlindley

very cool this excellent article on the MetroCable very
interesting indeed, I took and saved in my favorites.
Well, as I said, this topic is worthy of debate and
discussions.

grateful!