News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

List of available vehicles

Started by Train-catcher, February 02, 2011, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train-catcher

Dear developers,
I suggest to give user an opportunity to view all available vehicles (of any type) at the moment, without building a depot. E.g., if you have to decide, how to connect two cities: either by rail or monorail, it would be usable just to click the list of vehicles, learn about vehicles of both classes and make a decision. Without building both depots.
It could be called by button "list of vehicles" near other lists. As a basis could be taken a depot view (with unnecessary buttons disabled), where user can switch tabs and view vehicles. Also, you can provide user a possibility to try to build a convoi in this view.

Banksie_82

I support this, particularly for experimental, now that you need a different depot for steam/diesel/ electric/etc. If you don't pay close attention to the notifications it can be hard to know if the vehicle you like is available and is worth upgrading your depot.

I also like the idea of being able to build a virtual convoy, so that you know your requirements can be met.

jamespetts

In Experimental, one can see the vehicles of the type that the depot in question cannot build by selecting "show all".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Banksie_82

Thanks James, I didn't realise that.

prissi

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 13, 2020, 02:31:45 PMImplemented in r8913
Hello how are you ?, I'm glad to know that this wonderful list is finally available!

Something very useful would be to add a filter for load type "Passenger, mail, merchandise", it is something I usually use a lot in the depot window.  8)
Edit.
Ohh it would also be great for the player to have the option to show / hide vehicles of the future (similar to the obsolete show button).  8)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: makie on February 14, 2020, 07:06:02 AM
there you can look, search for and sort also for this information
https://makie.de/translator/script/pakset_info.php?vers=20&obj_auw=vehicle&obj_sub=track
Really very nice.

But my intention is to contribute ideas that make our Simutrans GUI a little more practical. Regards !. :D

prissi

Of course there is a possibility of filtering. It is even easier to do. But given that nobody bothered to make this list in 15 years, despite half a day of effort means that probably nobody bother in the next 15 years.

Honestly, if you look into extension requests, there are enough ideas to keep someone busy for years. Ideas are plenty, but contributor are almost yero (especially now everyone went to extended, it seems.)

Yona-TYT

@prissi
I am very faithful with Simutrans Standard. <3

I want to learn a little more about the code to create a patch myself, but I still have a lot to learn, I'm afraid.

Andarix

The column width is determined by the vehicle name. As a result, the text stands in one another for short names and becomes unrecognizable.
With long names, the columns become quite wide.

Yona-TYT

Hi, I think I'm a little late. :p

It looks great, thank you very much for this prissi, this is going to be something very useful.

Quote from: Andarix on February 22, 2020, 01:00:45 AMThe column width is determined by the vehicle name. As a result, the text stands in one another for short names and becomes unrecognizable. With long names, the columns become quite wide.
Hmmm I can't replicate this, I must assume that it was already fixed.  ???

Andarix

Quote from: Yona-TYT on March 07, 2020, 01:08:48 PM
Hmmm I can't replicate this, I must assume that it was already fixed.  ???

fixed in r8930