The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: List of available vehicles  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Train-catcher

List of available vehicles
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
Dear developers,
I suggest to give user an opportunity to view all available vehicles (of any type) at the moment, without building a depot. E.g., if you have to decide, how to connect two cities: either by rail or monorail, it would be usable just to click the list of vehicles, learn about vehicles of both classes and make a decision. Without building both depots.
It could be called by button "list of vehicles" near other lists. As a basis could be taken a depot view (with unnecessary buttons disabled), where user can switch tabs and view vehicles. Also, you can provide user a possibility to try to build a convoi in this view.

Offline Banksie_82

Re: List of available vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:39 AM »
I support this, particularly for experimental, now that you need a different depot for steam/diesel/ electric/etc. If you don’t pay close attention to the notifications it can be hard to know if the vehicle you like is available and is worth upgrading your depot.

I also like the idea of being able to build a virtual convoy, so that you know your requirements can be met.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
In Experimental, one can see the vehicles of the type that the depot in question cannot build by selecting "show all".

Offline Banksie_82

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »
Thanks James, I didn’t realise that.