News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Finding, Makeobj-Ex for 9.2 and industry chain extension event.

Started by Dutchman on Rails, February 14, 2011, 07:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchman on Rails

Hi James,

I'm sorry to have to report what looks like a finding in Makeobj-Ex.

As you know, I modify the source for the industries. As it turns out, when I compile the industries (even un-modified source) using Makeobj-Ex, this triggers that the 'industry extends it's chain' event never happens in my game, all industry expansions are new chains. Since this does not happen with either Pak.German-Ex or with Pak128.Britain-Ex as you compiled it, and like I said an unmodified source displays the same problem, the problem appears to be Makeobj-Ex.

As a sidenote, is my assumption correct that you use a different method to compile Pak128.Britain-Ex? If that is the case, I might want to try that one.

As usual, please don't hesitate to ask for anything that might help you.

jamespetts

DoR,

thank you for the report. Might I check - which version of Makeobj-Ex are you using? Windows or Linux, 32- or 64-bit, and of what date? Thank you for spotting the issue,

James.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dutchman on Rails

Hi James,

I use Makeobj-Ex for Windows, the version date is Dec 27 2010 14:50. I also saw the same behaviour though with an earlier version (sorry, I don't have the date for that one though).

jamespetts

Ahh, one other thing has occurred to me - where did you get the sources? The sources on Github have recently been modified extensively as regards industry, as I am working on rebalancing it.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Dutchman on Rails

Hi James,

Indeed I got the sources from github. The industry I have by the way is from May 10th 2010.
Your remark on rebalancing sparks my interest, could you provide me with some details as to where your thoughts are going to?

jamespetts

Do you mean that you obtained the sources from Github in May 2010, or that your compiled .pak files are from May 2010? As to the industry balancing: see the discussion here, and in particular AEO's spreadsheet, which I have been using (with adaptations). That is not finalised yet as I have been working on bugfixing in the code, but it is substantially in progress. I am still trying to ensure that there are a large enough number of small shops for each larger industry.

Dutchman on Rails

Hi James,

I mean that the file dates of the .dat and .png files in the jamespetts-pakbritain-experimental-9124434.zip I used are May 10th 2010 as far as the industry folder is concerned (I did not check other folders). The zip itself is from Dec. 13th, so that was probably the date I last downloaded it.
At first glance, it seems your thoughts on industry rebalancing go in the same direction as mine, so it's nice to see (would save a lot of work bringing down the productivity of the shops... ;)).