News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[110.0]: Info tool on train in station

Started by Combuijs, February 18, 2011, 11:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combuijs

First of all, I've played the new stable 110.0 version tonight. It's really very stable and there are a lot of improvements in the user interface. Well done, all developers!

I have (of course) some minor issues:

In the 102 versions using the info tool on a train in a station gave information about the train. If that window was already open you got information about the station. In the 110 version this is reversed: you first get information about the station, and then about the train. Is this a bug or the intented behaviour? I find the current implementation pretty annoying. If you want information about a station you could usually pick on an empty station tile, but now if you want information about a train in the station you always have to pick twice and remove the station info window afterwards.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Zeno

I have noticed this behaviour since long time in nightlies, but I can't say the first version I saw it. Neither I know if it is intended or not.
Anyway decision must be taken for the first one displaying, station or vehicle; and you can always save a couple clicks by waiting the vehicle exits the station :P

jamespetts

I remember reading about this a while ago: Prissi said that it is intended, as, formerly, it was very difficult to get the information dialogue for very busy stations.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, that was changed quite a while ago in the nightlies (somewhere around r3856 in early october 2010 - at least it was discussed in the German forum then - actually the topic just came up again today, too) and it is apparently the intended behaviour. However, you can still get to the train info directly, by holding CTRL when clicking. It only needs a little time to get used to, as old habits are only slowly changed, but after a while it should work just as fine as before, I think.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Václav

DirrrtyDirk: thank for info how to get info about
Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on February 19, 2011, 01:14:57 AM
However, you can still get to the train info directly, by holding CTRL when clicking.
Thanks for info.

I have used only_single_info = 0 since that change - and it is very incomfortable.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Combuijs

Quoteand you can always save a couple clicks by waiting the vehicle exits the station

Not when you are wondering why it is not leaving...

QuoteHowever, you can still get to the train info directly, by holding CTRL when clicking.

Yes, thank you for that! I had not realized that. The Ctrl-key is your friend! I will have to get used to it.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs